Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

That snake looks dangerous, can it hurt humans?
That would be a great one to have around in your yard. Ratsnakes and Kingsnakes (related) help giet rid of critters you don't want. Kingsnakes are able to eat certain poisonous snakes in the U.S., as the venom won't harm them. We had a couple of good sized Kingsnakes in our yard in north Georgia.Still creeps me out, but they were good to have around.

Bruce

Guest srobak

Guy Dominick of Hi Infidelity at 115 Bourbon Street in Chicagoland.  No post processing, this was shot on a Canon PowerShot G11, no flash. 

IMG_1584.JPG

Edited by srobak
  • Like 3

Guest srobak

Bikes at the Planetarium in Chicago, from 2009.  You can see the Trump Tower under construction in the middle.  Again with the S5100 - which had crap for throw on the flash... so - hard to see the bikes.  No post processing. 

DSCF6018e.jpg

• Like 4

Guest srobak

One more - then I will stop spamming for a while....

8 second exposure of an Embraer RJ-145 from American Eagle on final into the west side of O'Hare on runway 10 left. Can't seem to find the original photo - so this one is the cropped version. No other processing. Shot with the G11.

8secwing.jpg

• Like 2

Guest srobak

Look at the dots in your photo and how they are lined up between the lines. 

Ah.  Well - I would hope they line up. :)   The "dots" are the strobe flashes on the belly of the fuselage. If you notice - there are even 8 of them... and it flashes once per second.... and it's an 8 second exposure. :)

The brighter, white lines are the landing lights.  The dimmer, blue-ish lines are the landing lights reflecting off the fuselage. 

Look at the dots in your photo and how they are lined up between the lines. 

Ah.  Well - I would hope they line up. :)   The "dots" are the strobe flashes on the belly of the fuselage. If you notice - there are even 8 of them... and it flashes once per second.... and it's an 8 second exposure. :)

The brighter, white lines are the landing lights.  The dimmer, blue-ish lines are the landing lights reflecting off the fuselage. 

Ta Da!  All joking aside, nice steady hand---or did you use a tripod?

Not really great at all by photography standards but I thought it turned out to be pretty cool. Colin Hay (Men At Work), Ed Robertson + Jim Creeggan (Barenaked Ladies), and some sax guy from a little band called the Violent Femmes.

11145025_10153154620924401_5728271022114

11059514_10153154612779401_1213085699791

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

Guest srobak

Ta Da! All joking aside, nice steady hand---or did you use a tripod?

I don't know anyone who could hold a camera that steady for 8 seconds and get that crisp of a shot.  Blood pressure pulsing alone would wreck it. :)  That's all tripod :D Edited by srobak
  • Like 2