RC-7 DeanG or RC-64 II

felitopaz

Hello everyone. I have a Klipsch Reference 7 home theatre set up that consists of the following:

RF-7's DeanG modified

RC-7 DeanG modified

RS-7's 2 each.

I got the upgrade bug and I really like the looks of the Klipsch RC-64 II although I have not listened to them.

I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Has anyone heard them with RF-7 DeanG mods?

Thanks.

I would think what you have would be a better timbre match unless you are switching to the new rf-7ii. Youthman may chime in his son has the first gen rf-7 and he switched from rc-7 to rc-64ii. Either way I don't think either would be an upgrade. Merely a lateral move.

It's a thick, rigid ABS plastic, firmly mounted to a motorboard, with 10 lbs. worth of both magnet and bucking magnet hanging off the back. It's a solid piece -- I just don't see how any benefit can be derived from doing this. It's not like it's a long metal, unsupported horn.

Edited by DeanG

indeed... should the material of the horn be imparting a sound? if so, why not make them out of Adirondack or German spruce... or even Brazilian rosewood?

I think we can all agree... the shape of the horn, that is different.