The Three Things That Suck Most About the Beatles

thebes

• 9 months later...

Played out! Not hardly!

It's a new Christmas shopping season, and just in case you didn't have enough bland music in your life, there is yet a another super-so-duper, limited-to-how-many-we-can-sell, reach-deep-into-your-gulible-pocket holiday  Boxx set of the beatles (still not worthy of capital letters) in mono. 

Mono? Maybe it means the beatles conglomerate speaks with one voice when it comes to separating you from bundles of cash. $350 to $400 depending upon the online peddler, and probably more in your local music store.

Just think. For that kind of dough you could actually buy music that is not composed of:

One Part Treacle

One Part Sophomoric

One part awful vocals

and

One part badly played instruments

So run, don't walk to the nearest ATM and get your money out by whatever means possible in celebration of the worst boy band in history!

Year! Yeah! Yah?

Played out! Not hardly!

It's a new Christmas shopping season, and just in case you didn't have enough bland music in your life, there is yet a another super-so-duper, limited-to-how-many-we-can-sell, reach-deep-into-your-gulible-pocket holiday  Boxx   :o   set of the beatles (still not worthy of capital letters) in mono. 

I don't understand Thebes obvious distain for The Beatles, I can think of many other "artists" who could have the same criticism pointed at them....I think this is all to do with The Beatles hammering the last nail into Elvis' oversized coffin...Speaking of Elvis surely he would have been a better target of some criticisms Marty brings forth. Although I'm sure he wouldn't want to touch such an American Icon.... ;)

Edited by oldenough
  • Like 1

I can't find the video but this reminds me of the original Saturday Night Live spoof commercial for "Elvis's Coat, live in Concert." Gotta keep milking the cow, even if it is long dead.

ironically a few minutes ago i saw on television that in 2013 the Beatles collectively still made $60 million.  $60 million and fifty after Marty buys the new box set. While they didn’t invent chords, they made some popular in rock-n-roll.  Much like tapping which had been around YEARS before Eddie Van Halen; but, he made it popular.

Edited by BigStewMan

Speaking of Elvis surely he would have been a better target of some criticisms Marty brings forth

i think he co-wrote a couple of songs (and probably only a couple); but, don’t think he ever wrote one himself.  the rock-n-roll elvis is surely elvis costello. 

Edited by BigStewMan

I can't find the video but this reminds me of the original Saturday Night Live spoof commercial for "Elvis's Coat, live in Concert." Gotta keep milking the cow, even if it is long dead.

ironically a few minutes ago i saw on television that in 2013 the Beatles collectively still made $60 million.  $60 million and fifty after Marty buys the new box set. While they didn’t invent chords, they made some popular in rock-n-roll. PAH! Much like tapping which had been around YEARS before Eddie Van Halen; but, he made it popular.

Since when did the beatles ever make rock-and-roll. Well, maybe Roll Over Beethoven, which was Chuck Berry cover.

These guys were not rock-and-rollers. The Stones were rock-and-rollers.  I can't remember a single beatle song where any of the boys actually dance around stage, or really unloaded on the vocals. Betcha their throats weren't raw after a concert.

These guys were pop tarts.  A pop boy band. Period.

Most of their original stuff was based on Victorian era British dance-hall music.

Elvis!  Now the real Elvis was a rock-and-roller. Right up to his untimely end. You overlook the fact that Colonel Parker had him killed and substituted a fake Elvis so Parker could get lucrative movie and Las Vegas contracts.

Edited by thebes
  • Like 1

So this must be the bealtes penultimate rock-and-roll song.

Desmond has a barrow in the market place
Molly is the singer in a band
Desmond says to Molly, "Girl I like your face"
And Molly says this as she takes him by the hand

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da life goes on brah
La la how the life goes on
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da life goes on brah
La la how the life goes on

Desmond takes a trolley to the jewellers store
Buys a twenty carat golden ring
Takes it back to Molly waiting at the door
And as he gives it to her she begins to sing