The Three Things That Suck Most About the Beatles

thebes

So this must be the bealtes penultimate rock-and-roll song.

Desmond has a barrow in the market place

Molly is the singer in a band

Desmond says to Molly, "Girl I like your face"

And Molly says this as she takes him by the hand

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da life goes on brah

La la how the life goes on

Ob-la-di, ob-la-da life goes on brah

La la how the life goes on

And the ultimate must have been...."We all live in a tub of margarine", surely an exercise to see just what the buying public would put up with.

I have been told that I was something like fourth cousins with George Harrison. My great grandparents came over from England. My great grandmother left behind a sister. Something about this woman's kid's kid or something was George Harrison. My dad claims to have had a handwritten note from the extended family in England explaining it all but the girl he was dating was a Beatles nut, he claims she stole it while it was locked in his car, disappeared, and tried to sell it.

George's sister lived fairly close to here in Illinois but I guess she's in Missouri now.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

I remember how they used to sell Beatles albums. Stack them on the record store counter about 3 feet high and everyone that came to pay for their other records would just grab one and put it in the stack of records they were purchasing. The Beatles sold albums like everybody else sold 45's. Gee, they must have been lousy.

JJK

• Like 1

I remember how they used to sell Beatles albums. Stack them on the record store counter about 3 feet high and everyone that came to pay for their other records would just grab one and put it in the stack of records they were purchasing. The Beatles sold albums like everybody else sold 45's. Gee, they must have been lousy.

JJK

Yup! and everyone apart from "Oldtimer" and "Thebes" have it wrong....;)

• Like 2

JJK

Pop boy bands do sell lots of albums. 

• Like 1

JJK

Pop boy bands do sell lots of albums. 

Yes they do, currently it's the boy band One Direction, another British boy band

Elvis!  Now the real Elvis was a rock-and-roller. Right up to his untimely end. You overlook the fact that Colonel Parker had him killed and substituted a fake Elvis so Parker could get lucrative movie and Las Vegas contracts.

In post #202 I reveal for the first time anywhere the real story behind the two Elvis's and no one even notices.

Looks like the Colonel did get away with it.

Lennon was the rocker in the Beatles, covers or no covers. Dizzy miss lizzy, Slow Down, etc. Cold turkey, revolution, etc. before he Imagined he could give peace a chance.

Blue Cheer was the original "heavy metal" band in the mid sixties if you want to talk about rock.

Chuck Berry is the grandfather of Rock and Roll. Everyone else is an imitation, including Elvis. But I liked them all. Rolling stones did some really good studio stuff, but they sucked live.

Best live high energy Rock n Roll band of all time.  Saw them at Chicago Stadium in 1975.  Billy Preston on on keyboards great concert.  Then saw them in July of 78  outside,hot 90s and humid day, at Soldiers Field.  Peter Tosh and then Journey were warmup bands, then the Stones came and rocked out.  With a little help of some recreational drugs, I swear I felt the energy of the sound system in my teeth fillings  LOL!!!!  Then saw them again in 81 at the Rosemont Horizon, another great live performance.   Saw them again 97 at night in Soldiers Field, with the beautiful lit up Chicago skyline in the back ground, awesome memory. Most recently in 2013, attended their concert at the new United Center, with my son and a whole bunch of 50 to 60 year olds.  Great time to share with my son,  Rolling Stones GREATEST rock and roll band of all time.

Ohh, yeah
Ziggy played guitar, jammin' good with Weird and Gilly
And the Spiders from Mars, he played it left hand
But made it too far
Became the special man, then we were Ziggy's band

Ziggy really sang, screwed up eyes and screwed down hairdo
Like some cat from Japan, he could lick 'em by smiling
He could leave 'em to hang
They came on so loaded man, well hung and snow white tan

So where were the Spiders?
While the fly tried to break our balls
Just a beer light to guide us
So we bitched about his fans, and should we crush his sweet hands?

Ziggy played for time, jiving us that we were voodoo
The kids were just crass, he was the nazz
With God given ***
He took it all too far, but boy could he play guitar

Making love with his ego
Ziggy sucked up into his mind
Like a leper Messiah
When the kids had killed the man I had to break up the band

Ohh, yeah
Ziggy played guitar

Even Bowie made more sense than the beatles. 

• 1 year later...

It's a new shopping season and the mop heads are back, one more time, again, to shake the wallets of the geriatrics boomers, before they go to their great reward thinking that with their last breath that the  (dung) Beatles were the best band in creation.

Yes folks it's the "Special Edition", ultra deluxe box 3 piece cd  re-release of , The Beatles "1", which as as I understand it is a compilation of various (dung)Beatles tracks of various songs, re-mixed then remastered, then re-issued and now re-mastered again and then re-issued.

Or something like that. 

I repeat this again, I wanna hold your gland is not a love song.

You want a real love song. This contemporaneous  take on a NIna Simone song is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHjKzr6tLz0

Not to mention this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQdMZ1qrn6k