DeanG RF-7ii (From Start to Finish)

Youthman

I'm all for custom networks , I've got 4 from ALK for my CS-1.5 (sized only) cabs with Eliptac-400's as the horn(B&C DE750TN-16 driver) & Crites 12" woofs

been lurking on this thread from the start , I'd love to hear the DeanG project network's in set of 7II's

Edited by ZombieWoof
  • Like 1

Thanks Inventor. I'm looking forward to hearing my first DeanG crossovers. I doubt I will get the XMC, expecially for 2k. I'm cheap bro, I typically buy a few year old technology, buy it used and save a small fortune in the process. Technology changes too quickly for me to invest that kind of coin in a pre/pro.

Cheap people don't have your toys youth. Even if you get a good deal your still spending a lot of money on toys :).
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Dean has shipped them out.

:emotion-21::emotion-19:

I think your going to be very happy.

I say this because all I have ever changed were caps, and not to this extent, on some old AA crossovers. I immediately heard a big difference but the more I listened the better it got, happy for you.

• Moderators
be truthful now... if they suck, tell us so.

I have no problem doing that. My desire was to document the process and give my typical Youthman review on what "my" ears hear. Of course I hope they blow me away. In our original conversation, I shared with Dean that I do not feel that I have "critical ears". Sometimes I hear differences say between A & B speakers but cannot articulate what exactly the difference is. So I'm thinking if they blow me away, that surely ought to say something. If they are marginally different, I will state that. If they sound horrible, I want a refund. :lol:;):P

• Like 2

Ugly work, I should have done it myself instead of making my 8 year old daughter do it. Alexia Hope is very gifted, but I think she needs more work with the hot melt gun.

You (she) did a better job with the glue than the factory.

• Moderators

Complete Instructions for Installing DeanG Crossovers in Klipsch RF-7ii Speakers

1) Place the crossover directly on the floor directly in front of the hole for the Speaker Terminal Cup. Feed all 3 speaker wires from the crossover into the bottom opening for the Speaker Terminal Cup, then up and back out of the top speaker port hole.

DeanG-Klipsch-RF-7ii-Crossover-Install-5

2) Reach your hand inside the bottom hole for the Speaker Terminal Cup and locate the Cable Management Clip. It is located on the right side (you might have to push aside the foam inserts to locate). Slide all 3 speaker wire cables inside the clip and press the clip down to lock in place.

DeanG-Klipsch-RF-7ii-Crossover-Install-6

3) Gently slide the Crossover into the hole (make sure the speaker terminals are facing upwards). Notice in the below photo how the new capacitors extend just beyond the crossover platform.

DeanG-Klipsch-RF-7ii-Crossover-Install-7

4) You will need insert the right side of the crossover first to get it to fit inside the hole. Just be gentle and take your time so that you do not bend any of the components or the speaker wires as even the pre-DeanG crossover was a tight fit.

DeanG-Klipsch-RF-7ii-Crossover-Install-8

5) Secure the Terminal Cup with the 4 wood screws using a T20 Screwdriver.

DeanG-Klipsch-RF-7ii-Crossover-Install-9

6) Move to the front of the speaker and reach inside the woofer hole and pull the speaker wires up and out through the hole. With one hand, reach inside and locate the 2nd Cable Management Clip. It will be located on the same side as the bottom clip. Secure the 3 cables inside the clip and press the clip to lock in place.

DeanG-Klipsch-RF-7ii-Crossover-Install-1

7) Sit on top of the speaker and pick up the Green & Black cable. In the uninstall, you should have labelled the magnet showing which speaker terminal was for the green and which was for the black cable. Reach both hands inside the woofer hole and with one hand, hold the speaker wire and with the other hand, press the speaker terminal. Insert the speaker wire into the hole in the side of the terminal and release the terminal to secure the wire to the speaker. Note: There will likely be one speaker terminal that you cannot see so you will have to feel for the hole and insert it blind).

DeanG-Klipsch-RF-7ii-Crossover-Install-1