DeanG RF-7ii (From Start to Finish)

Youthman

I've been reading and enjoying this topic immensely and don't mean to derail it but I have a question re the RF7ii horn driver. From the pics posted by Youthman the horn driver is a K-701-G and appears larger than the K-67 driver used in the RF7. Does anyone know the differences between the two drivers and who makes the K-701-G? I saw where the K-67 may be sourced from PAudio.

• Moderators

Reference, I've been busy getting ready for our youths biggest fundraiser that took place this past weekend.

On top of that, I also had surgery last Wednesday for kidney stones. They went in and blasted a 5mm and a 7mm and placed a stent. Dr said after he blasted the stones there was nothing left of them. Dealing with a stent for a week was very painful at times, and uncomfortable all the time.

It's been a rough week. I removed the stent just this morning (not fun) around 2am and ended up having the worst kidney pain around 4am-5am. Felt worse than a kidney stone. Online said to expect pain afterwards. I guess I had no idea it would be that bad. Hopefully, that was the worst of it.

Needless to say, I haven't spent any time listening to music. Now that the stent is out and the fundraiser is behind me, I will spend some time with them this week and post my thoughts over the weekend.

On top of that, I also had surgery last Wednesday for kidney stones. They went in and blasted a 5mm and a 7mm and placed a stent. Dr said after he blasted the stones there was nothing left of them. Dealing with a stent for a week was very painful at times, and uncomfortable all the time.

Michael,

I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully this will be a cure for you and end the suffering.

With the snowboarding accident and now this, maybe you need to hit the rest button for this year.

Bill

• Moderators

Hope you get feeling better, it even sounds painful, but from what I hear it's no picnic passing stones the old fashioned way either. The worst has to be over, good thing your fall didn't get them moving while on vacation, that would have been bad.

I understand your pain there Youthman... I remember I had my surgery remove the appendix 2 months before my first daughter birth, man I was in the hospital for a weeks because it was already explore like a dynamite scatter inside of me. Lucky for me I went to the emergency early enough and the appendix was recently burst so the surgeon take a few hours to clean up the mess inside my body otherwise I won't be the new owner of my new RF-7II system ;) Anyway get well soon and post here.

Edited by bsdme2

• Moderators

No, there is nothing to work out. I just haven't had time since my surgery to sit down for an uninterrupted extended listening session.

Don't give up on me, it's coming. Should be able to sometime this week.

• Like 1

God bless you youthman. I mean it. You are so active and do great with your kids and family as well as on the forum...very great man indeed..

On another note...man if what zombiewolf said were true i really wish you the best...

• Like 1

No, there is nothing to work out. I just haven't had time since my surgery to sit down for an uninterrupted extended listening session.

Don't give up on me, it's coming. Should be able to sometime this week.

Take your time buddy... get well and take care of what's really important.

Part of this deal was that he didn't have to say anything if he didn't want to. The deal really only involved me agreeing to do the work for no charge if he was willing to write up some procedures for getting the crossovers out and back in again - which helps others who are interested and saves me the headache and frustration of trying to talk someone through something I have no experience doing. Youthman went above and beyond to say the least. Pressuring for comments is exactly what I wanted to avoid, because it gives the impression that he got "free" services if he would shill for me. Even with precautions in place, I still ended up with a thread that inferred as much, and was personally embarrassing to me (which is probably why someone decided to anonymously bump the thread every morning for a week. Of course nothing is "anonymous" with software these days, and I requested that the thread be removed).

Here are Youthman's private comments to me. He has excellent hearing, and does a great job at describing what's in play here. At this point, I really just want him to get as much rest as possible and get better. As far as I'm concerned, we are done here.

"So far, I keep going back to hearing less with them (not a bad thing). It's like all the "extra" noise is no longer there, you simply hear the music. Kinda hard to explain but that's what my ears are hearing. Maybe it cleaned up the sound, rather than "enhance" the sound that is already there?"

• Like 1

On another note...man if what zombiewolf said were true i really wish you the best...

Yes, not only did I have a 1ft stent but I had to pull it out myself.

I had a very similar procedure done a few years ago right along the same lines. It was not easy. Bless you with the best my friend

Youth I would love to hear your thoughts on brightness after the x over upgrade , lets say with Adele 21

My current speakers _ RAAL ribbon tweeter, Accuton dome mid, and Scan-Speak woofer handle that that SACD/Vinyl just about perfect

I would love to buy another pair of RF-7'S if this X over tamed it down

Edited by A1UC

Youth I would love to hear your thoughts on brightness after the x over upgrade , lets say with Adele 21

My current speakers _ RAAL ribbon tweeter, Accuton dome mid, and Scan-Speak woofer handle that that SACD/Vinyl just about perfect

I would love to buy another pair of RF-7'S if this X over tamed it down

Look for some old Cornwalls. Awesome music speakers.