DeanG RF-7ii (From Start to Finish)

Youthman

I guess I don't get to find out what the elephant in the room is from the direct guy. : )

Dean if you go back and read my posts its pretty clear. Rather not post it over and over and sound like I'm trying to bash someone.

We know you're not trying to bash anyone, you don't seem like that kind of person - but let's deal with it instead of having it out there like a festering sore. What post number is it?

Well i guess you can see why i wanted to let it go :D

Well my post was in regard to the above topic on if he's obligated. I trust youth also he's a good person. But no mater how you spin it dean did youth a favor. Everyone's different but I personally could not say anything bad about a favor someone did for me. No way no how would not happen.

Let's work off of this one.

It's a valid point, but doesn't fly in the face of what we have in front of us.

He twice stated that he wasn't happy that the speakers aren't as bright as they used to be. He said he's willing to give that up in exchange for the things he does like. Point being, he believes the work took something away that he liked. Doesn't that count as "negative".

Serious issues are normally handled with PMs or email, most people don't want to go public with them. Why ruin a guy's reputation over something that can usually be fixed. I did get a PM, but only in response to my concern regarding his satisfaction. His response was the same as what he posted in this thread (I think I even posted it).

His complaint is a little unusual, but I'm prepared to deal with it. It's a simple fix. However, he's content with applying a little bit of EQ.

Do I really need to bring history and reputation for quality into this - in the ten years I've been doing this, I've never had anyone ask me to put something back the way it was, and it's not like there's any real secondary market for my stuff out there. People don't upgrade from my work, they upgrade to my work. That's not arrogance speaking, that's just the way it is.

With these things in mind, does it really seem reasonable to think that Youthman is holding back?

Edited by DeanG

I dunno. Maybe

Any reason you didn't quote these?

They didn't support my argument. :P

You just happen to be the latest in a pool of posters across multiple threads that question our objectivity because of free parts and/or labor.

What :blink: What in the world are you talking about?

I guess I dunno. Moving on..

You just happen to be the latest in a pool of posters across multiple threads that question our objectivity because of free parts and/or labor.

And who in the world is OUR? How did you get into this?

3 of us had our crossovers experimented on by Dean for the sake of trying out a battery biased network. We didn't pay for parts and/or labor and as a result people questioned our objectivity. Another day, another thread... very much related to Youth's experience on this thread.

Well my post was in regard to the above topic on if he's obligated. I trust youth also he's a good person. But no mater how you spin it dean did youth a favor. Everyone's different but I personally could not say anything bad about a favor someone did for me. No way no how would not happen.

Let's work off of this one.

It's a valid point, but doesn't fly in the face of what we have in front of us.

He twice stated that he wasn't happy that the speakers aren't as bright as they used to be. He said he's willing to give that up in exchange for the things he does like. Point being, he believes the work took something away that he liked. Doesn't that count as "negative".

Serious issues are normally handled with PMs or email, most people don't want to go public with them. Why ruin a guy's reputation over something that can usually be fixed. I did get a PM, but only in response to my concern regarding his satisfaction. His response was the same as what he posted in this thread (I think I even posted it).

His complaint is a little unusual, but I'm prepared to deal with it. It's a simple fix. However, he's content with applying a little bit of EQ.

Do I really need to bring history and reputation for quality into this - in the ten years I've been doing this, I've never had anyone ask me to put something back the way it was, and it's not like there's any real secondary market for my stuff out there. People don't upgrade from my work, they upgrade to my work. That's not arrogance speaking, that's just the way it is.

With these things in mind, does it really seem reasonable to think that Youthman is holding back?

Just for the record I'm a huge believer in xo being a great upgrade. They can have a big impact on the sound of a speaker. My ears have heard the difference and it can be night and day. So my comments are in no way disputing any upgrade that deans xo have. It's been well documented by many people of that.

Man o man is it really that easy to read over my posts that answer said issues. Or are we just trying to keep a pointless argument going. I already admitted my opinion was wrong and wanted to let it go. Your work is well documented as i pointed out. So sensitive

And who in the world is OUR? How did you get into this?

3 of us had our crossovers experimented on by Dean for the sake of trying out a battery biased network. We didn't pay for parts and/or labor and as a result people questioned our objectivity. Another day, another thread... very much related to Youth's experience on this thread.

Not the same at all. I never said that deans work had no value. In fact i pointed out my opinion was his work gives a nice upgrade.

If someone shovels my driveway for free and does a bad job. I'm definitely not going to say it was a bad job.

I respect your opinion youth but at this point i think it's impossible to have a unbiased opinion. Just saying :). By the way I'm sure they sound great but just pointing out that your in a no win scenario with a review.

That's why if it was me it' would be really hard to give an unbiased review. After all I'm only human. I'm not trying to discredit your opinion youth. I was showing why it's not an easy review for you. Maybe I'm wrong but it would be hard for me in your spot.

If someone shovels my driveway for free and does a bad job. I'm definitely not going to say it was a bad job.

Myself , if a bad job was done I'd tell that someone they did a bad job it being free or otherwise

Mike your saying you would tell someone who did you a favor that he did a bad job? So you wake up one morning and the neighbor shoveled out part of your driveway. But he did a bad job and you had to do 75% of it over. You would tell him he did a bad job? I couldn't do it no way :)

all of these posts question Youth's objectivity because he was given the upgrades at $0 cost. You cannot understand how or why someone would post negative feedback on a gratis service, and by posting that opinion in this thread you accomplish .... what?

I respect your opinion youth but at this point i think it's impossible to have a unbiased opinion. Just saying :). By the way I'm sure they sound great but just pointing out that your in a no win scenario with a review.

That's why if it was me it' would be really hard to give an unbiased review. After all I'm only human. I'm not trying to discredit your opinion youth. I was showing why it's not an easy review for you. Maybe I'm wrong but it would be hard for me in your spot.

Myself , if a bad job was done I'd tell that someone they did a bad job it being free or otherwise

Mike your saying you would tell someone who did you a favor that he did a bad job? So you wake up one morning and the neighbor shoveled out part of your driveway. But he did a bad job and you had to do 75% of it over. You would tell him he did a bad job? I couldn't do it no way :)

all of these posts question Youth's objectivity because he was given the upgrades at $0 cost. You cannot understand how or why someone would post negative feedback on a gratis service, and by posting that opinion in this thread you accomplish .... what?

What did any of your comments accomplish? Due tell....

• Moderators

Honestly, I have no battle to fight, no anthem to raise and no conspiracy theory to hide. Lol. The point of this thread was merely to document the process of removal and re-installation of the crossovers and sharing my thoughts on how they sound. Anyone is welcome to challenge what my ears hear or my objectivity because I did not pay for the parts or labor. I'm ok with that because at the end of the day, I get to sit back and enjoy listening to my speakers. :)

I honestly don't understand what the issue is? Dean has, as he said, done this for a decade. And nobody has ever asked to put it back to stock. Review or no review, it is what it is. I honestly would find more value in a comparison of the upgraded rf7 to the newly upgraded rf7ii. If I had the opportunity to have dean fiddle with my setup, I would let him and no other touch my speakers.

I have been on a few message boards with reference systems for trading and buying/selling. They are useful tools that help individuals determine a worthwhile venture or transaction. But at some point they become irrelevant. Once someone has documented themselves well enough, there isn't any value in further documenting an assured thing.

In short, dean is documented and proven. There is little to be gained by requiring further input... And certainly much to be lost in the attempt to discredit, whether to dean or the discreditor. Its kind of silly to take it any further than that... So lets just agree that klipsch is second to none for home theatre in its price point and have a great time dreaming about and admiring eachothers accomplishments in this obvious common interest we all share.

Honestly, I have no battle to fight, no anthem to raise and no conspiracy theory to hide. Lol. The point of this thread was merely to document the process of removal and re-installation of the crossovers and sharing my thoughts on how they sound. Anyone is welcome to challenge what my ears hear or my objectivity because I did not pay for the parts or labor. I'm ok with that because at the end of the day, I get to sit back and enjoy listening to my speakers. :)

Youth thats pretty much what i figured and why i admitted my opinion was wrong. I just meant if you had a problem with what i said we could handle it between each other :D