DeanG RF-7ii (From Start to Finish)

Youthman

Just for the record I'm a huge believer in xo being a great upgrade. They can have a big impact on the sound of a speaker. My ears have heard the difference and it can be night and day. So my comments are in no way disputing any upgrade that deans xo have. It's been well documented by many people of that.

I honestly don't understand what the issue is? Dean has, as he said, done this for a decade. And nobody has ever asked to put it back to stock. Review or no review, it is what it is. I honestly would find more value in a comparison of the upgraded rf7 to the newly upgraded rf7ii. If I had the opportunity to have dean fiddle with my setup, I would let him and no other touch my speakers.

I have been on a few message boards with reference systems for trading and buying/selling. They are useful tools that help individuals determine a worthwhile venture or transaction. But at some point they become irrelevant. Once someone has documented themselves well enough, there isn't any value in further documenting an assured thing.

In short, dean is documented and proven. There is little to be gained by requiring further input... And certainly much to be lost in the attempt to discredit, whether to dean or the discreditor. Its kind of silly to take it any further than that... So lets just agree that klipsch is second to none for home theatre in its price point and have a great time dreaming about and admiring eachothers accomplishments in this obvious common interest we all share.

Not sure i see a problem

They've accomplished nothing. I was venting frustration, not trying to fix anything.

What value have yours provided?

At this point we're both beating a dead horse, due largely to the fact that we're talking about different issues and coming from different planes of experience. It's time for both of us to just let it go.

tumblr_n368d0VBv31rfwfq9o1_400.jpg

"Man o man is it really that easy to read over my posts that answer said issues. Or are we just trying to keep a pointless argument going. I already admitted my opinion was wrong and wanted to let it go. Your work is well documented as i pointed out. So sensitive"

I guess I missed that post. I only wanted to know what the elephant in the room was. It sounded derogatory. When I asked, you told me to go back and read the post, which left me with no choice but to guess which post it was. I'm just trying to answer objections, I have no problem with that. It has nothing to do with being sensitive, I just didn't understand what you meant, and then felt like you were jerking me around. So I guess we have a misunderstanding.

I don't understand where the "hating" bit is coming from, I don't think anyone is pissed at you, at least I'm not.

You're acting as if I'm offended, I'm not. Your posts seemed to indicate that Youthman was holding back and possibly incapable of posting a negative review because I had done this no cost upgrade for him. I was only trying to show why that position doesn't work.

Edited by DeanG

Any reason you didn't quote these?

They didn't support my argument. :P

You just happen to be the latest in a pool of posters across multiple threads that question our objectivity because of free parts and/or labor.

"Man o man is it really that easy to read over my posts that answer said issues. Or are we just trying to keep a pointless argument going. I already admitted my opinion was wrong and wanted to let it go. Your work is well documented as i pointed out. So sensitive"

I guess I missed that post. I only wanted to know what the elephant in the room was. It sounded derogatory. When I asked, you told me to go back and read the post, which left me with no choice but to guess which post it was. I'm just trying to answer objections, I have no problem with that. It has nothing to do with being sensitive, I just didn't understand what you meant, and then felt like you were jerking me around. So I guess we have a misunderstanding.

I don't understand where the "hating" bit is coming from, I don't think anyone is pissed at you, at least I'm not.

I guess i don't know what the pool is but thats what it seemed.

• Like 1

No, it's all good.

Thaddeus was referring to what happened in another thread, which was kind of like this one. I also trade work or parts for opinions, usually private. If I'm doing something new, I need objective opinions. I rely on these opinions to help me decide if I'm going to move forward with a project or not, or to help me determine if I'm really hearing what I'm hearing. Al once told me that I'm just one guy in one room, and this is one way to alleviate that problem. It's not possible to remove all bias or ensure complete objectivity - but you can do some things to help yourself.

• Moderators

Youth thats pretty much what i figured and why i admitted my opinion was wrong. I just meant if you had a problem with what i said we could handle it between each other :D

I don't have a problem with any of the comments shared in this thread. We are all entitled to our opinion and I do not feel anyone has been malicious in any fashion.

Just as Dean has proven his work over time, I would like to believe that most have seen my integrity and character to be consistent over the past 11,000+ posts that I have made in the forum. If I had something else to share, I would gladly share it. I simply have nothing to hide and nothing to gain or lose by stating what my ears hear. It is likely that no words I share would sway anyone's mind that already had made up their mind. And I'm totally cool with that as again, my intent of my posting this thread was not to make a sales pitch for Dean, return a favor or misrepresent the truth. It was simply to document the process and share my thoughts along the way.

Yes, it's how they decided they wanted them to sound.

Cones and compression drivers don't sound the same, even if their frequency responses are nearly identical. The Palladium are almost ruler flat, but sound very relaxed. The horn loaded cone has a 4:1 compression ratio. Most compression drivers are 10:1.

My Palladiums are not bright enough.
Interesting.... I wonder how this could be? Room arrangement, furniture, etc....

I find this interesting also since I've heard them on a couple of occasions and thought they were very well balanced,

I noticed an MC275 was listed with them and wondered if you have tried them with the different speaker taps of the unit?

miketn

Interesting.... I wonder how this could be? Room arrangement, furniture, etc....

I find this interesting also since I've heard them on a couple of occasions and thought they were very well balanced,

I noticed an MC275 was listed with them and wondered if you have tried them with the different speaker taps of the unit?

miketn

I was just kidding. I was trying to lighten the mood. They are very nice sounding speakers.

miketn

I was just kidding. I was trying to lighten the mood. They are very nice sounding speakers.

Gordon-Ramsay.gif

• Like 1