DeanG RF-7ii (From Start to Finish)

Youthman

My Palladiums are not bright enough. How the hell would you get the crossovers out of those things?????

I am not done reading this thread that said i read a page before this post you were interested in getting more out of your palladiums.

Anyhow...I would seriously look into the amp 1 and or discuss this with klipsch way before doing anything with them in any way of modding them...I'm sure Klipsch has came across something exactly within the line of what you are experiencing. Next pm Boxx. He too runs the same 2 channel as you. Palladium is a place for palladium owners only to be kept there and with KLIPSCH only...considering your speakers as well as amp are ultra high fidelity and most who own them have never even been on this sight(dont get me wrong lol)...I strongly urge you to contact klipsch and Boxx(considering he has his 39's on a 275 as well)

Just a thought in opinion to state due to value and the hard work it took you to own such equipment. What you do of course is up to you....Cheers :)

My Palladiums are not bright enough.
Interesting.... I wonder how this could be? Room arrangement, furniture, etc....

I find this interesting also since I've heard them on a couple of occasions and thought they were very well balanced,

I noticed an MC275 was listed with them and wondered if you have tried them with the different speaker taps of the unit?

miketn

I was just kidding. I was trying to lighten the mood. They are very nice sounding speakers.

Gordon-Ramsay.gif

omg lol

I also read in the mark livinson amp sale thread and i was hooked...im not even gonna alter my above post lol

Bless you :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I feel that Michael is probably one of the better members to give us an honest review on dean’s work. Some of us have no problem with being brutally honest and some of us are reserved with what we truly think and feel. I have read several of Michael’s reviews over time and if you were to bring up his comparison over the RF-83s, RF-7s and RF-7iis he was quite upfront and honest on each and every piece explaining what he thought was good or not on each product. He didn’t rave on how the RF-7iis were the best of the 3 being that they were the newest revolutionary reference speaker from Klipsch. He had no problem pointing out that the original RF-7s are a very bright speaker and can be fatiguing to listen to, or that the 83s were a very laid back and don’t provide the upfront in your face sound that both the RF-7 and RF-7iis provide. I feel he has given a good honest input so far and just has been busy and unable to spend a lot more time with them. I understand that part of the point in this argument was that the bias would be because he received the work done for free and feel obligated to post greatness on them but for the cost that he paid for the entire RF-7II package deal he found on craigslist he might as well of gotten them for damn free at that price and could have posted that they were a must buy for all klipschonites. The thread got to off topic and I look forward to hearing some final thoughts later in the week on if he enjoys the new sound dean’s XO’s brought to an already incredible speaker and think Michael has given a more honest review than some could.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah Dtel, it's like a bad train wreck...it's all over the place haha.

It really was all over, but that's ok, 26 pages cost the same as one page.

My opinions are always just that, and I make them all up as I go. :wacko:

• Like 1

Michael & Dean are both great guys , salt of the earth straight shooter types with their egos that are checked at the door .

I enjoy both of the guy's posts here @ The Forum & I trust what they say & that they post well intended info B)

Edited by ZombieWoof

• Moderators

I appreciate the kind words Michael and Zombie. I'm really not that nice of a guy and I have poor vision which doesn't help my shooting accuracy. :lol:

dtel, you have always been a blessing to this forum. Lots of wisdom and experience.

• Moderators

Oh great Youthman now I have to sound like I know what I'm talking about, I think the pressure may be to much ?

You the man Youthman, always well thought out explanations and comparisons with great pics, people respect you because of how you are, a good guy you can trust, it's obvious just by the way you deal with everything. You don't need to do anything it's just how you are and it shows even in just typed words, you are in the right profession, kids need more of this.

For a long time I have been wanting to say something to you just never did, and I really don't just pm people, I just say it where everyone can see it and they should and I am sure most know already.

I joke, tease and make fun anytime I can but don't think I don't notice how many really good people are here and appreciate all of them, probably why I feel comfortable to say some of the things I do. (and I do control myself)....(alot) :D

I think I liked the first half of this thread better than the second half, I could clearly tell a difference.

Yeah, and your ears ain't so good.

I wish they would go back and replace the edits. I missed the good stuff.

Hey Dean.....I don't like Bob's cornscalas anymore. Can you fix them?

Hey Bob......Dean said you screwed up my speakers.