DeanG RF-7ii (From Start to Finish)

Youthman

Youth i checked out Lindsey Sterling. I had never heard her before but really like it. Very good sound and bass. If you haven't heard this album check it out its the best sound i have heard so far in these horns.

Band name ​United guitar players - album: popular hits on spanish acoustic guitar, vol.1

Palladium is state of the art, there is nothing to "upgrade". I could possibly reduce some of the attenuation, but it depends on how they implemented it. How about some Teflon capacitors - I could probably do the networks for less than $2K. : )

• Like 1

We know you're not trying to bash anyone, you don't seem like that kind of person - but let's deal with it instead of having it out there like a festering sore. What post number is it?

When it was discussed that he has no obligation to post a review. I posted that based on the fact you did him a favor by upgrading them for free. That it would make it that much harder for youth to give an unbiased review. You and him have become friends (or were already) and that makes it harder also. With that i can see why youth has taken longer to give a full review and opinion. My opinion is the xo are probably awesome and did improve the speakers if i had to guess. So I'm not trying to discredit anyone or say you did a bad job. Youth has said that its not the case at all. So my opinion appears to be wrong :) not the first or last time.

Edited by reference_head

This garbage frustrates me. I'd have no problem telling Dean how crappy his networks made my speakers sound - if in fact that were the case. Having my character challenged or the insinuation that I'm being disingenuous when I extol the virtues of Dean's effort simply because I didn't pay for the parts and labor (I did cover shipping back and forth) is insulting.

Everyone that has participated in Dean's recent experiments are:

well established forum members,

are clearly told by Dean that no public feedback is required,

and have no personal attachment to the success or failure of Dean's business.

Argue the science till you're blue in the face, but stop attacking those of us who are simply reporting the positive impact of what we hear as a result of Dean's work.

• Like 1

This garbage frustrates me. I'd have no problem telling Dean how crappy his networks made my speakers sound - if in fact that were the case. Having my character challenged or the insinuation that I'm being disingenuous when I extol the virtues of Dean's effort simply because I didn't pay for the parts and labor (I did cover shipping back and forth) is insulting.

Everyone that has participated in Dean's recent experiments are:

well established forum members,

are clearly told by Dean that no public feedback is required,

and have no personal attachment to the success or failure of Dean's business.

Argue the science till you're blue in the face, but stop attacking those of us who are simply reporting the positive impact of what we hear as a result of Dean's work.

Please quote where i argued deans ox positive impact. Your post is so far from what was said i don't really know how to respond.

If someone shovels my driveway for free and does a bad job. I'm definitely not going to say it was a bad job.

I respect your opinion youth but at this point i think it's impossible to have a unbiased opinion. Just saying :). By the way I'm sure they sound great but just pointing out that your in a no win scenario with a review.

Well my post was in regard to the above topic on if he's obligated. I trust youth also he's a good person. But no mater how you spin it dean did youth a favor. Everyone's different but I personally could not say anything bad about a favor someone did for me. No way no how would not happen.

That's why if it was me it' would be really hard to give an unbiased review. After all I'm only human. I'm not trying to discredit your opinion youth. I was showing why it's not an easy review for you. Maybe I'm wrong but it would be hard for me in your spot.

If someone shovels my driveway for free and does a bad job. I'm definitely not going to say it was a bad job.

Myself , if a bad job was done I'd tell that someone they did a bad job it being free or otherwise

Mike your saying you would tell someone who did you a favor that he did a bad job? So you wake up one morning and the neighbor shoveled out part of your driveway. But he did a bad job and you had to do 75% of it over. You would tell him he did a bad job? I couldn't do it no way :)

Just for the record I'm a huge believer in xo being a great upgrade. They can have a big impact on the sound of a speaker. My ears have heard the difference and it can be night and day. So my comments are in no way disputing any upgrade that deans xo have. It's been well documented by many people of that.

We know you're not trying to bash anyone, you don't seem like that kind of person - but let's deal with it instead of having it out there like a festering sore. What post number is it?

When it was discussed that he has no obligation to post a review. I posted that based on the fact you did him a favor by upgrading them for free. That it would make it that much harder for youth to give an unbiased review. You and him have become friends (or were already) and that makes it harder also. With that i can see why youth has taken longer to give a full review and opinion. My opinion is the xo are probably awesome and did improve the speakers if i had to guess. So I'm not trying to discredit anyone or say you did a bad job. Youth has said that its not the case at all. So my opinion appears to be wrong :) not the first or last time.

Any reason you didn't quote these?

It is hard to remain objective when friendship comes into the picture. That said, I am certain Deans upgrade will improve the rf-7ii just as it did for the rf-7. His track record should speak for itself. Due to his knowledge of speaker composition and the ability to engineer his own upgrades, he must have advanced knowledge and understanding of what works and what doesn't.

I am new to home theatre and klipsch, but I did come across Dean's legendary feats over the past several years. I wish I had the funds to commission and ship my 7s to him, sadly I don't.

I am not biased when I say this, but I would think the vast majority of these boards can attest to Dean's modifications. They more than likely improve whatever he applies them to, whether those improvements justify the cost, that is something each individual would need to gauge for themselves...

• Like 1

It is hard to remain objective when friendship comes into the picture. That said, I am certain Deans upgrade will improve the rf-7ii just as it did for the rf-7. His track record should speak for itself. Due to his knowledge of speaker composition and the ability to engineer his own upgrades, he must have advanced knowledge and understanding of what works and what doesn't.

I am new to home theatre and klipsch, but I did come across Dean's legendary feats over the past several years. I wish I had the funds to commission and ship my 7s to him, sadly I don't.

I am not biased when I say this, but I would think the vast majority of these boards can attest to Dean's modifications. They more than likely improve whatever he applies them to, whether those improvements justify the cost, that is something each individual would need to gauge for themselves...

This is what i meant completely. How others don't see what i meant i have no idea (this is the elephant in the room) . Popular opinions always win on forums.

Edited by reference_head