Fisher 500c $800

ZEUS121996

I got this Fisher 500c back from Craig at NOSVALVES in April. He did a $435 complete overhaul of the receiver. This receiver sounds as good as it looks. $800 plus shipping for Klipsch forum members, I also have it listed in Craigslist Chicago and on the bay. If you need more pictures or have questions, please ask.

Thank you

Mark

post-48599-0-69140000-1387404992_thumb.j

post-48599-0-54820000-1387405023_thumb.j

post-48599-0-91020000-1387405060_thumb.j

post-48599-0-95780000-1387405079_thumb.j

post-48599-0-31900000-1387405137_thumb.j

post-48599-0-72140000-1387405178_thumb.j

Edited by ZEUS121996

Nice receiver. I'm a huge fan of Fisher products. My collection is growing...

Jason, let us know how you like it if you are buying it. If Craig at NOS re-did it, then it should be excellent!

My offer was turned down.

The Fisher was my first receiver, should have kept it, made a custom Mahogany cabinet for it too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had Craig clean up my 500c a few years ago. He did a great job. It is excellent and now in daily use.

I have a 300b and a Monarchy SM70 as amps also, but I just love the sound of the 500c overall.

I alternate driving my RB5's or the Silverline Sonata 2's.

(The RB5's give the Sonata's a good run for the money. Just not as deep in the bass)

I would not sell the 500c.

I know the value has gone up considerably since I bought mine, but when a component works and you are happy with it, why change?

(and this from a guy who shuffled gear in & out like a mover)

Edited by Jobman

Vintage audio offers something for everyone. It's an affordable entry point for those new to the audio hobby. It's ideal for second systems or modest living spaces. Best of all, it gives us gray-haired hi-fi veterans a respite from the spiraling expenses of new gear, and it can offer the intrepid audio explorer sonic performance that I feel can be comparable to that offered by modern gear.

The era of vintage audio, roughly 1965 through 1970, comprised the gilded age of hi-fi and the ripe years of RCA Living Stereo and Mercury Living Presence records. This era of audio embodies the work of such names as Saul Marantz, Hermon Hosmer Scott, Rudy Bozak, James B. Lansing, Paul Klipsch, David Hafler, and Henry Kloss—dead guys with ears. These guys used the absolute best minds available to design and engineer sonic marvels that have stood the test of time as icons in a world now dominated by home theater.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe,

The headphone draw signal from output section of the amplifier circuit the same as speakers. No components that would every need replacement exists in the circuit. Basically it consists of a jack and a couple resistors.... I always plug a set of cans in to confirm operation so they should work just fine.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...