klipsch lascala pa speakers - $500 (monroe la.)

Woofers and Tweeters

it could make a mark or blemish in the finish

I don't think he's been concerned about the finish on those for quite some time.

I know, I think someone in a serious voice should say the speakers look like they are in "perfect condision" and say that they are concerned that keeping the VCR might put a blemish in the finish.

• Like 1

That looks like a pair I gave to my son's fraternity. I know it's not the same pair, because they dropped one of them off the back of a pickup and threw it away. Boy was my son pissed! I had just installed an almost new K-43 in it.

It may be rough on the outside, but it would be perfect for a place like a frat or garage, etc.

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

I called him about a week ago, drove over to Monroe, purchased them for $400. They are as rough outwardly as they look in the picture but play beautifully! I plan to utilize them in my shop. They're far too ugly to take in the house.

Cool as t'other side of th' pillow!!! Glad they went to a good home, er shop! :) A can of Kiwi Black boot polish could work wonders on the finish. How about some pics, once you clean them up? Were any of the tags on the back intact?

Edited by Sancho Panza

I called him about a week ago, drove over to Monroe, purchased them for $400. They are as rough outwardly as they look in the picture but play beautifully! I plan to utilize them in my shop. They're far too ugly to take in the house.

Nice score, I have a similar looking pair.

Did you get him to throw in the VCR?

Glad to see that you are alive, his place looked looked like a serial killer's den. :wacko:

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions, Sancho; the white paper tags were on the back of both but in scratched and faded (unreadable) condition. I did find the number 12R150 and 12R159 engraved into the cabinets, along the inside edge of the back.

Tiger, my wife asked me to check and see if my life insurance was paid up before I made the trip. The seller looked at lot like the room but was reasonably pleasant; said he had used them in a club for years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...