What a let down

derrickdj1

I sold a 200 disc cd changer on eBay last year and I had it packed by the UPS store... It looked similar to your amp when they got it. I had to file a claim and I gave the buyer a refund. Luckily I had the UPS Store ship it and insure it! They gave me a 100% refund including packing, shipping, and insurance.

Yep, looks like fresh shipping damage. I once bought an amp form forum member Rusty Melton. It took me about 20 minutes with a box cutter to actually get to the amp. I think the amp could have survived a drop off my roof. It was padded, boxed, padded and boxed again. He did a great job.

That's one poor packing job for sure, i would be mad about that and also that the amp doesn't work.

Ha ha Carl, I don't know much but I can box the crap out of audio gear. I bought a Technics SL 1200 off of ebay and it said mint and and in original box, when it arrived it was in the original box....without any padding of any type, just loose in there. Some people should never sell anything that has to be shipped!

Major bummer dude! I know the feeling when my brand-new TV arrived with a big crack in the panel. At least, I got it at the local Best Buy (and actually got it cheaper than even Amazon had it for!), so it was easy for me to go back to the store and raise hell with them to get a replacement.

I hate eBay, I refuse to even bother with it.

Same here. When it comes to things like this, I much rather deal locally, either with an actual dealer or finding one on Craigslist for local pickup. Likewise, if I need to sell something like that and insist on local pickup with cash in person only. I cannot even remember the last time I've bought anything on eBay. I don't know if my account even still works anymore since it has been years since I last logged in.

I have a line on some LaScalas. I'm considering selling the Acurus three channel amp I bought from Bill less than six months ago. It's mint, perfect, and sounds amazing. $600 plus shipping. I don't use peanuts.

Edited by DeanG

I have previouly said I am not even sure if I need it. I just like amps.

We all like amps. But Adcom just should not be mixed with Klipsch.

Shakey

I have an Adcom GFA 5500 and it sounds great with both sets of my Klipsch products.

Better than many others i have heard.

I have a line on some LaScalas. I'm considering selling the Acurus three channel amp I bought from Bill less than six months ago. It's mint, perfect, and sounds amazing. $600 plus shipping. I don't use peanuts.

Hey Dean,

It's a 5-channel Acurus. LOL.

By the way, Merry Christmas.

Bill

Hey Dean,

It's a 5-channel Acurus. LOL.

By the way, Merry Christmas.

Bill

Yep, looks like fresh shipping damage. I once bought an amp form forum member Rusty Melton. It took me about 20 minutes with a box cutter to actually get to the amp. I think the amp could have survived a drop off my roof. It was padded, boxed, padded and boxed again. He did a great job.

Craig (mustang guy) does packing right too.

Wow! That is the worst pack job I've ever seen. You couldn't pack that box with enough peanuts to protect it. They all settle to the bottom during shipping. Peanuts are a filler, not protection. Best wishes getting it resolved.

This is how you pack an amp.

You got it down, Bill!

A few years ago I bought a Monster Cable line conditoner off Ebay. It arrived in a VCR box with ZERO packing material. No bubble wrap, no popcorn, no foam, no newspaper. Nothing, nada. And there wasn't a mark on it. I couldn't believe it. It was just thrown in a box and then taped up.

Shakey

I'm in Kettering, right next to Dayton.

200 wpc x 5 It's a beast.

Dean, I am from Dayton and get down there often. I will send you a PM in a day or two letting you know when I can get down there. Thanks for the info on the wattage Youthman!

Hey Bill, it will be up against the Yamaha M 80 as a comparison point, lol.

Edited by derrickdj1

I had a commercial tenant in one of my buildings i manage who went out of business because of ebays change in policy in regards to sellers and their responsibilities. Basically, the seller gets the short end always which isnt necessrily a good thing because people will abuse the system which is why he went out of business.

At least you have right on your side and you'll get your money back. That packing job sucked. Are you kidding me???? Really, how could you expect that amp to survive at all?