Streaming iTunes to the 2 channel

RonW.

Well, success finally at last. Last night I got the Apple Airport Express (AAE) set up and working fine. The AAE has an digital out via toslink by 1/8" mini plug fiber optic cable into my DAC to the preamp. Now I can sit in the den on the sofa stream and control iTunes from my iPad or iPhone.

Pretty slick gizmo for $99....

WooHoo!

RonW.

Awesome I chose to do this with Apple TV's. I have 3 of them, one upstairs, one downstairs and one for my outside system. Itunes from My MAC streams the music to all of them at once and I can control the volume to each independently. I have been doing this for a while and i love it (I use the remote APP too) Awesome stuff. Only thing that sucks is you can't get apple lossless files from Itunes store

For my two channel main system I do Apple TV - optical cable- Peachtree DAC-RCA cable-Kinergetics C800 pre-Yamaha M-65 Power

Edited by quakana

Well, success finally at last. Last night I got the Apple Airport Express (AAE) set up and working fine. The AAE has an digital out via toslink by 1/8" mini plug fiber optic cable into my DAC to the preamp. Now I can sit in the den on the sofa stream and control iTunes from my iPad or iPhone.

Pretty slick gizmo for $99....

WooHoo!

RonW.

I have connected my iPad in a similar way but used Apple TV for my streamer

Apple TV is connected to my external DAC via the optical cable and the iPad controls it's functions

Works great

In the near future I plan to transfer all my digital music to a NAS server and access it via wifi

FR