Fedex says delivered but I don't have a package.......warm fuzzy feeling

JL Sargent

Did they leave a tag saying they tried to deliver? I know they usually don't.

A pkg was once wrongly delivered to my place, so I drove it over to the right addressee, a simple solution (I think it was UPS). I hope FedEx won't put you through hoops to get it.

As a newly employed postal worker. I can assure you this time of the year is absolutely INSANE!! To me it's harder than anything I ever did in the military. And I can also tell you yesterday when I was dropping off packages I came back to them today sitting outside with wrong address papers on them. Putting 580 (blank) street on 580 (different blank) street. Mistakes happen. Either way when I scanned it it would have showed delivered to whoever ordered it. They didn't get it till I figured out my mistake today. It's just chaotic and humans are humans. They make mistakes. I have a new found respect of fedex, and usps. Not ups though. They break too much stuff lol.

I had a rush/speical order come UPS. I was home waiting when the driver came, He was sneeky. I was sitting 5 foot from the front door, with a dog that goes nuts when anyone knocks. Went outside for a smoke and saw the note. We never heard him approach, knock or ring.

So I drove to the UPS store to get the parts I rush ordered, and their computer says it was already delivered a few hours before. I ended up waiting there nearly 2 more hours for the truck to come in. While there I decided to talk to a manager about theft/fraud, ya see their computer said it was delivered about a half hour before the note got on my door. I was out side in front of my house at that time, I dont smoke in my house, So I knew someone was full of it.

Driver faked the report times that day so he could finish on time, and deliver the rest the nest day. he didnt care they were paid extra, the 2 report times didn't match. Why do they bother keeping these people if they cant do an honest days work for what I paid extra ?

Edited by steve sells

A co-worker just ordered 2 packages form the same company. He received one. When he ran the tracking number on the other one, it showed to be delivered................in 2009 in New York (we live in Texas). Aparantly they're reusing tracking numbers and the other one was still active for some reason.

Yesterday, I was waiting for two separate packages to arrive, one was my new subwoofer from FedEx, and the other were a Y-connector for the sub, along with some GLS locking banana plugs from UPS...

The sub arrived without issue. A little while later I checked the tracking on my UPS package. It showed that it had been delivered, but that it was left on the front porch of a house in a town about 30 miles from me. Puzzled, I went outside to check and sure enough, it was not there. In a panic, I immediately entered into a chat with an Amazon customer service representative, and he said that he could issue a refund to my debit card if I wanted. I told him I really wanted those items and asked him if he could just re-ship them to me. He stated that since the locking banana plugs were sold by GLS, he could only issue a refund for those. I didn't understand this, because while they were sold by GLS, there were in Amazon's warehouse and shipped by them. At this point, I was a bit frustrated and just told him to refund the total for both items to my card. He said he would do so, and in a couple of hours he'd send me an email to confirm...

Right after ending the chat with him, I had to head to the store for a loaf of bread. On my way home, I decided to glance over and look on the front porches of some nearby houses. The house to our immediate right side (about 50 yards away) that had just been sold and was empty, I saw a small box on the porch. I got out of my truck and looked, and indeed, it was my package. I don't know why it showed that it was delivered to another town, and I've never had anything like this happen before. Anyhow, I was happier than a body builder directing traffic (love those commercials :D ), Yee-Haw!!

Then, I log on to my computer and saw that I had gotten the confirmation number for my Amazon refund. Being a person of high moral values, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. A part of me tells me to let Amazon know. But, another part of me says to keep it to myself (the value of the items was/is $33 and change). As someone who regularly spends $2,000-3,000 a year on Amazon (though not this year with my being unemployed), I am leaning towards the latter at this time.. :emotion-14:

Sloggi-Fashion-Sexy_Devil-1024X768.jpg

Edited by Rick

Followup: This morning I decided to go have a look around. I drove down the driveway and sure enough somebody had put the package on top of the mailbox overnight. It had been opened, contents removed, items were then put back in the box. I guess whoever actually received this package decided that they didn't really want it and finished the delivery job?

Here is a Youtube video on the "package" that we had ordered.

• Like 2

Looks like it could deliver itself.

No doubt, kinda like those Amazon drones.. Cool toy!! B)

On another off topic subject, I hope nobody here has had fraudulent charges made to their credit/debit card accounts due to the Target hack......

Edited by Rick

Yesterday, I was waiting for two separate packages to arrive, one was my new subwoofer from FedEx, and the other were a Y-connector for the sub, along with some GLS locking banana plugs from UPS...

The sub arrived without issue. A little while later I checked the tracking on my UPS package. It showed that it had been delivered, but that it was left on the front porch of a house in a town about 30 miles from me. Puzzled, I went outside to check and sure enough, it was not there. In a panic, I immediately entered into a chat with an Amazon customer service representative, and he said that he could issue a refund to my debit card if I wanted. I told him I really wanted those items and asked him if he could just re-ship them to me. He stated that since the locking banana plugs were sold by GLS, he could only issue a refund for those. I didn't understand this, because while they were sold by GLS, there were in Amazon's warehouse and shipped by them. At this point, I was a bit frustrated and just told him to refund the total for both items to my card. He said he would do so, and in a couple of hours he'd send me an email to confirm...

Right after ending the chat with him, I had to head to the store for a loaf of bread. On my way home, I decided to glance over and look on the front porches of some nearby houses. The house to our immediate right side (about 50 yards away) that had just been sold and was empty, I saw a small box on the porch. I got out of my truck and looked, and indeed, it was my package. I don't know why it showed that it was delivered to another town, and I've never had anything like this happen before. Anyhow, I was happier than a body builder directing traffic (love those commercials :D ), Yee-Haw!!

Then, I log on to my computer and saw that I had gotten the confirmation number for my Amazon refund. Being a person of high moral values, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. A part of me tells me to let Amazon know. But, another part of me says to keep it to myself (the value of the items was/is $33 and change). As someone who regularly spends $2,000-3,000 a year on Amazon (though not this year with my being unemployed), I am leaning towards the latter at this time.. :emotion-14:

Sloggi-Fashion-Sexy_Devil-1024X768.jpg

Amazon is a truly stand up company and will make things right (at least in my experience). Although I like the devil pic, my vote is give them a call and let them know.