installing cp-1...help!!

CatKnight

The reason you probably can't tell a difference audibly is because the main reason the new 4.1's sound better is because of the new crossovers. When you get the new CP-1, you get the headphone jack and the aux input, but you don't get the new speaker crossovers. But what would I know, I don't even have a 4,1 yet. wink.gif

*zen

Had trouble installing the new CP-1 with my v2.400. I had to file down the dovetail-type mechanism that holds the pre-amp to the speaker just to get it to slide in. How annoying!!!! I also was unable to remove the stand on the speaker as instructed, despite using a powerful electric drill/screwdriver, almost totally stripping the screw. I had to slightly bend the stand to get the CP-1 to slide in (after filing the pre-amp) because I was unable to remove the stand. URRGH!!! Let me know if anyone else has had this problem. On a lighter note the CP-1 completely removes the crackle when changing the volume (thank God), and everything sounds a little crisper.....mostly the bass.