We had us a little Klipsch audio party in Beaumont Texas yesterday.

JL Sargent

Had a great time visiting with CECAA850 [Carl], Kyle, and Carl's Son-In-Law Jason yesterday. This was my second time to visit at Carl's house. We had a big time listening to Carl's great audio setups as well as partaking on a few very nice cocktails and snacks.

We started out with the KP301 IIs out in the garage. From there we listened to KP100s w Carl's tapped horn sub [which he built by the way] in the patio area. It was amazing how this sub filled the area with good solid bass. Carl has a great build thread in the Subwoofer section for those interested in this sub. Then lastly we watched some really good music blu rays with his crown jewel of a home theatre.

They say time flies when your having fun and yesterday was just like that. I was at Carl's for 3 hours and that time disappeared quickly. Felt about like an hour to be honest.

Thanks Carl! You are the man!

Edited by JL Sargent

No pictures?

No blackmail material ;)

Actually, I didn't think about it. The guys showed up.. I started shaking martinis and we went from system to system. JL or roost would have had to take and post them anyways as I'm over my pic limit.

I bet you were over your martini limit as well..... :emotion-46:

No pictures?

No blackmail material ;)

Actually, I didn't think about it. The guys showed up.. I started shaking martinis and we went from system to system. JL or roost would have had to take and post them anyways as I'm over my pic limit.

I bet you were over your martini limit as well..... :emotion-46:

There's a limit?

Shame we didn't get over to your place Carl. We passed right by it on the way through to AZ, but the trip was all business considering the move...both cars fully loaded down with belongings and our furry friend to top it all off.

Good news is that we made it in safe without any surprises. Two cars, three souls, 2000 miles, 600 pounds cargo, 72 hours, great weather. Only vehicle problem en-route was one burnt out headlight bulb in west Texas.

Edited by Quiet_Hollow

Just to be clear, no one ever needs an invite to the casa. PM me that you're coming, that's about it. There were several litres of gin and vodka, so there was no limit on martinis :emotion-46: . I just found a new vodka, vesica. It's a potato vodka that's about 95% as good as Chopin at about a quarter the price.

For anyone planning on making the scene, watch out for Carl`s "bubba tea", good stuff, I swear you cant taste the vodka....Roost

That's because it was bourbon!!! :lol:

On a totally unrelated note, I was BBQ'ing in the backyard Sunday and had been out there a while. For some unknown reason, the volume knob kept creeping up on the patio system (yes, the sub was on). By the time dinner was ready, it was pretty loud. I shut the system down and put everything on a plate and went in the back door. The doorbell rang and my son answered it as I was coming inside. It was our local law enforcement officers responding to a noise complaint! I asked my son what he told them, he said "I don't hear anything do you??" Talk about perfect timing :D