Home theater design/build thread reboot 2018

The Dude

Well, it is progress and there is something positive in that.

I am in the midst of a bathroom remodel with all the usual hiccups. The only thing that keeps my spirits up is the mental image of the finished product. In my mind it is all looking good.

Good luck

-Tom

• Like 1

Ground work portion of the permit was approved this morning.   Now time to start filling in this long hole with dirt and concrete.   Hopefully that will happen over this long weekend via pup and 1.25 cubic yards of concrete.   Once that is done,  along with some minor electrical work, sealing up under the staircase and finishing the plumbing ruff in, I should be able to finalize my permit and start closing everything up.

google link has been updated with all the photos. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1utTPKWO0K5i8R9SrS8YzgQlXFT25_3m-?usp=sharing

20180520_212742.jpg

I was able to pour some concrete this last weekend.   went to a local rental house that rents a concrete trailer with a yard of concrete. only got 3/4 of a yard as I wasn't sure if my GMC Acadia could pull it.  I bet I could have and wish I would have as I may have had enough to fill the whole thing in. oh well, just need about 8 bags to finish up.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the plumbing wrapped up, just need to glue the vent/drain tube in.  Supply is roughed in and I will wait until tonight to tie in to the live supply.   that way I can shut the water off when it's not needed and let the glue dry overnight. 

I have the plumbing wrapped up, just need to glue the vent/drain tube in.  Supply is roughed in and I will wait until tonight to tie in to the live supply.   that way I can shut the water off when it's not needed and let the glue dry overnight. 

let's try this again

53bf8aee9eb2b9fffd68bfa942c8e280.jpgfef7ab68cfb890c11571ddcd31cea7ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

inspector came out today, 2 things I have to fix before I dry well. one, the aav valve and two the outlet tied to the bathroom. I knew better on both, thought I could squeak by, guess not.
74e678fa6707197b2ab2f959e1ca760a.jpg1bf154ffdcfcf9f2c73b54d75320ca3e.jpg

1 minute ago, babadono said:

What's wrong with the AAV? Not code where you live? And the bathroom? Needs a GFI or what?

The city had too many people abusing them, such as using them for every vent in new construction,  when it wasn't necessary.  so they just did away with allowing them at all.  the bathroom has a gfci, but it needs to be it's own circuit.  So I need to remove the wire and tie it the wiring to right.

THIS TOOK 5 YEARS ?    [emoji3]
hey it's not December yet.[emoji23]

yeah I would get a good start then life would happen. in 2015 i started my Associates degree, which brought this to a halt then. now I am done and since each stage of the permit is only allowed 6 months. I am under the gun a bit, so in theory I should be done in 6-12 months, but we'll see.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So that no one thinks this died again, i recently had an inspection that approved all the plumbing and electrical, now to close up the room, in other words start drywall and insulation. But first, some wiring.

• 4 months later...