New Klipsch horn subwoofer

jason str

This guy has a vent firing into the throat, which Roy got a patent on a while ago. Would this be the first commercial product with it in action?

I'd love to hear one side by side against an Othorn which has similar specs, but half the size.

Have to say, this would go really well with my Jubilee's. My door happens to be 33 inches. Wondering if a crown xti1000 will work? That pushes my KPT684 no problem.

Remember when they started collecting idea's? I mentioned a horn loaded subwoofer as I'm sure others did as well.

72*48*31 is quite large.

That patent doesn't look like a match to me. If you look at the front view of the speaker, it looks as though you can see the very back of the cabinet. Are you saying the box in the patent is the front part, with the cone part facing the rear? I wonder about the horn length as well. Wouldn't there need to be more length behind the front box to allow for such low tuning frequency, or does the passive somehow reduce the horn length? I have never seen a mix of passive and horn in anything.