Tenth Anniversary on the Klipsch Forums :)

Cleve

Hard to believe it's been a decade since I first bought Klipsch speakers (an RW-12 Subwoofer as I recall) and joined this forum! Of course my system has gone through substantial upgrades since then - I bought my CF-4s from Audio Classics in February 2004, which have been the best speakers I've ever owned and still have my Epic 5 channel home theater. If I ever owned a bigger home, I could upgrade to a seven speaker Epic HT - LOL

Well, I've been inactive here pretty much since I got my last CF-4, which I use as my center channel speaker - that was somewhere around 2006-2007. I didn't have any more questions at that point - :lol: I've been quite content with all my big speakers and big amps. I was very active at Audio Karma too, but that's kind of trailed off. Generally now I only post when there's an issue - which is very seldom with all this high quality made in America audio gear. Only issue I've had has involved my Oppo BD-83 SE or my Squeezebox 3.

Generally now I only post when there's an issue - which is very seldom with all this high quality made in America audio gear.

Congrats on 10 years. It sound like you reached nirvana!

Thanks! I just threw in Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, the 1960 Mercury Living Presence recording, with Antal Dorati and the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra. The cannon fusillade is MUCH more impressive on this recording than the digital Telarc version. When I set my McIntosh MX132 to "Cinema" instead of stereo, it pumps out a synthesized 5 channel sound thru all 5 Epics. Something I can take in only small doses, with the amp meters pushing close to the Power Guard kicking in, but its sonically amazing - those big Klipschs can take it year after year without blinking - lot of lesser speakers - their components would be laying on the floor of the room, or at least their voice coils turned to guava jelly - I was drawing ten AMPS of 120 volt power, according to the indicators on my PURE power center. LOL.

Edited by Cleve

BTW, my total post count may be a trifle low - in searching the forum, I find that basically all my posts from my first year of membership here (Dec 2003 to Oct 2004) have disappeared into the ether. Must be 200-300 posts gone. :( Must be a problem with the migration to the new forum software?

Edited by Cleve