Hey all, Would like some advise

R33k

Hey all, I am in the process of building a 7.1 system in my basement. I've been doing some research online and I made a list of what I want. Was just wondering if any speaker gurus would give me some advise to see if this combo is good or not. If I should go a different route with the receiver or speakers. It's mainly for movies, xbox one and ps4 and FOOTBALL!!!

Denon x2000

(4)Klipsch RS-62 II Surround

(1) Klipsch RC-62 II center

(2) Klipsch RF-62 II front floor

(1) Klipsch SW-112 sub ($500 off if I get 5 selected klipsch speakers)

I also added to my cart, monster XP speaker wire and monster 400sw sub wire. Not sure what you guys use!

Edited by R33k
  • Like 1

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum!

Buy the best you can possibly afford.

Check local Craig's List for Used deals.

Most of us use speaker wire purchased from Monoprice, Blue Jeans Cable, or the like. Monster Cable is good, but, way overpriced & unnecessary.

Edited by Sancho Panza

Monoprice. 12 guage. In wall. Done. Next make sure you give mike at acoustic sound design a call. He will smoke any deal you have found and get you the rf-62ii theater for super cheap. And if steer away from that sub unless they practically give it to you. Get something from Svs or hsu or another ID company.

• Like 1

Also i would save some money unless your space is huge and just go with the rs-52ii. Should

Be able to get the rf-62ii, rc-62ii and rs-52ii shipped to you for around 1850$ ish. Spend the extra money on that really good sub. That's the Second speaker you should spend the most on.

Edited by Scrappydue

Monoprice. 12 guage. In wall. Done. Next make sure you give mike at acoustic sound design a call. He will smoke any deal you have found and get you the rf-62ii theater for super cheap. And if steer away from that sub unless they practically give it to you. Get something from Svs or hsu or another ID company.

Which sub do you recommend? They are giving that sub for $100. Also, get 4 rs-52 ii instead of the 62ii?

Which sub do you recommend? They are giving that sub for $100. Also, get 4 rs-52 ii instead of the 62ii?
if your doing 7.1 get rs-52 for sides surrounds and RB-61 for rear surrounds. That's the ideal 7.1 configuration.

What is your budget for a subwoofer?

• Like 1

if your doing 7.1 get rs-52 for sides surrounds and RB-61 for rear surrounds. That's the ideal 7.1 configuration.

$600-$700. Could I go with all surrounds for sides and rear if I wanted to?

I don't know how in depth you are going with the build but if you have to finish walls then don't forget to run some extra wiring to future proof your build if you do ever plan to venture into 9.1,11.1,projectors, networking, or lighting. Even if you don't run your wire you can still drop in some pathways( conduit, PVC, smurfpipe) and string to pull them through later.

• Like 1

$600-$700. Could I go with all surrounds for sides and rear if I wanted to?

The Klipsch SW-115 is a worthy sub close to that price range if you buy from a dealer and negotiate the price down. The RS-52 is fine for surrounds as Scrappy said. Oh, and the RS are fine for rears to save a few bucks.

Edited by mustang guy

All good advice so far. I've had the RF62 system and heard the RF82s. Good speakers but like Derrick, I'm curious as to the room size and layout...that's going to play a huge role in how the system performs. I assume that since you want to hang surrounds that it isn't open to the sides or back. What are the dimensions though?

Truth be told, the step up from the RF52 to the RF62 is much larger than the step from the RF62 to RF82. With the right sub, I doubt you'd hear a huge difference. Scrappy has owned them all and has posted pictures detailing the size difference. For my money (depending on room size and shape), I'd probably save the extra cash and get the RF62s/RC62 a pair of RS52 and a pair of RB61s. But...it all depends on the room...

Best wishes on putting the system together.

Edited by kapsnb01
  • Like 1