Hey all, Would like some advise

R33k

All good advice so far. I've had the RF62 system and heard the RF82s. Good speakers but like Derrick, I'm curious as to the room size and layout...that's going to play a huge role in how the system performs. I assume that since you want to hang surrounds that it isn't open to the sides or back. What are the dimensions though?

Truth be told, the step up from the RF52 to the RF62 is much larger than the step from the RF62 to RF82. With the right sub, I doubt you'd hear a huge difference. Scrappy has owned them all and has posted pictures detailing the size difference. For my money (depending on room size and shape), I'd probably save the extra cash and get the RF62s/RC62 a pair of RS52 and a pair of RB61s. But...it all depends on the room...

Best wishes on putting the system together.

perfectly put. 42-52 small upgrade 52-62 huge upgrade 62-82 small upgrade. 62 is the best bang for your buck in my opinion.
  • Like 1

Yes I have. And while I think both sound great. I would rather have the 7.1 that is suggested by thx. And also a pair of RB-61's will set you back about 400. Rs-52 will set you back 650 and rs-62 will set you back 850. See where I'm going with this. Save your money, get the suggested setup (direct radiating speaker in the back) and put that extra money towards subwoofer(s)

• Like 1

Yes I have. And while I think both sound great. I would rather have the 7.1 that is suggested by thx. And also a pair of RB-61's will set you back about 400. Rs-52 will set you back 650 and rs-62 will set you back 850. See where I'm going with this. Save your money, get the suggested setup (direct radiating speaker in the back) and put that extra money towards subwoofer(s)

+1

+2 Thats what i run RS-62ii as sides and RB-61ii in the rear.

Edited by reference_head

I am the lone wolf on this one. I used bookshelf and the RS speaker in that capacity and did not find a big difference. For me it just depends on what works best for the room. The subs will have a bigger impact than any of the other speakers for the most part.

well if that's the case wouldn't it make sense to buy the one that's less money?
  • Like 1

Hey all, I am in the process of building a 7.1 system in my basement. I've been doing some research online and I made a list of what I want. Was just wondering if any speaker gurus would give me some advise to see if this combo is good or not. If I should go a different route with the receiver or speakers. It's mainly for movies, xbox one and ps4 and FOOTBALL!!!

Denon x2000

(4)Klipsch RS-62 II Surround

(1) Klipsch RC-62 II center

(2) Klipsch RF-62 II front floor

(1) Klipsch SW-112 sub ($500 off if I get 5 selected klipsch speakers)

I also added to my cart, monster XP speaker wire and monster 400sw sub wire. Not sure what you guys use!

That should be nice. But like others have said, maybe step down the sides and rears to save money towards the sub. Of course if your getting the SW115 for $300 or so, you can't beat it at that price. It may not be the most articulate or detailed for music, but has good output and digs pretty deep. You could see how it works for you then possibly add another sub down the road if needed. Good luck and enjoy your system.

A wise $5.00 spent. No reason to spend even $10.00 for a 12 footer or $15.00 for a 20 footer.

I only have a couple of Monoprice cables in which I am pretty sure they were given to me. Are there better constructed cables for not much more $$$, yes but no reason to spend more for a subwoofer cable.

Bill

• Like 1