Hey all, Would like some advise

R33k

Make sure you get High Speed HDMI (for 3D, 4000K & 1080p)

Unless you need longer, get the 6 Feet Length, Not Shorter, as this is the assumed length by your AVR.

Get every color they have. Costs but little more & helps during set-up & subsequent check on a concern.

id I with these. The others you posted are real thick and gonna be harder to run. Not that that is the end of the world all mine are really thick. But once they don't work anymore I'm getting the thin ones. Even the case is smaller on the red mere. That will put less stress on your hdmi inputs. Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

i also think the red mere ones from mono price loo interesting. i have bunch already so need to buy new ones but when i do i will be trying the red mere ones for their size. i hate the big bulky ones i have that don't like to make tight turns

I ran a 40ft red mere to my projector and it works really good. And it was easy to run though the walls. If it was real big it would have been really hard and might not have been able to hide it like i was able to with the red mere.

yeah that's what I was thinking. I know the advisors told me to get the monsters but they run about $65. I was a little doubtful.

What advisors? Salespeople? Over the years, every double blind study of speaker cable that I have been aware of has failed to produce statistically significant results. McIntosh conducted one of the early ones. Later on a magazine conducted one and found the a difference between cables only when people knew -- by name, not code number or letter -- which cable was being used.

In theory, relatively low resistance and capacitance are to be preferred.

I'd just go with what people here recommend ... and buy from a place like monoprice.

Edited by Garyrc

I use this and another smaller one for my HT : http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/home-theater/RF-HTS120.html

Not as pretty as some , but I have been very pleased. It allows sequencing of the the amps to prevent pops when cutting things on or off and handshake issues. It also display power use in volts, watts or amp. Everything in the system turns on correctly with the push of one button.

what are you guys using for surge protectors?

Here is what I got. Had them for 2 years and no problems. I have been happy with them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBLOAY/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K6MCL0/ref=oh_details_o04_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plus last year I had a new power panel put in for the house. For just a little more money I had the guy put in a whole house surge protector and a new grounding rods.

Edited by Utard

I'm running 2 panamax 5300s and 2 panamax 4300s along with some of their add on modules for grounding outdoor speakers and their in wall outlet kits. After I had my lightning strike they wanted to make sure everything was hooked up according to their specifications to keep it covered under their lighting protection guarantee