please help. surprise gift for my boyfriend

asica335

Although I didn't think about will the tv be above the fireplace? Would all three speakers be on the same plane? If so I'd get the kl-7800's for the bigger horn and they are shorter. Unless you plan on the 6504 left and right and the horizontal one for center. Which to me kinda defeats the purpose of lcr as they are the same speaker but not positioned the same. Something about three fronts all being exactly the same. It's just magical.

How about this guys.... I just buy the THX in wall speakers. Seeing that they are best in wall Klipsch has to offer. He will like that. And I believe they are better than the Reference Series. Correct?

Front R/L would be KL-6504

Center KL-6502

Sides R/L KL-6502

Rear R/L KS-7800

Still need subs and a receiver.

If I go over budget I will leave the side surround speakers out.

YES or NO

Myself, I'd keep the front L/C/R all KL-6504.

Lucky fella...

I was thinking about this. They will work fine for the L and R, but the center may take some doing. The cutout dimension for the 6504 is 27.25 wide if mounted sideways. Even the smaller 6502 speaker is over 16" wide, wider than the space between suds, especially on the first floor.

The wall does not look like a load bearing wall because it it a pop out for the fireplace. It looks like a cross cut of the studs and a vertical header will be needed to mount the center in the wall. Easy stuff if you know how to do it and have a good circular saw and sawsall (and know it is not load bearing), but it can be a big deal if you do not know how to do this sort of thing.

if the wall is load bearing, the mouting depth is under 4" so a decorative box can be built to be surface mounted.

Something to think about.

• Like 1

The center speaker will not be on the same plane as the front speakers. The fireplace jog sticks out 24 or 28 inches from the back wall.

Yes I have already ordered...

kl-6504 for the fronts

kl-6502 for the center

ks-7800 for the sides

kl-6502 for the rears

and 2 svs sb13 ultra

I ordered kl-6502 for the center because the kl-6504 could be difficult to install being so wide. Since the picture was taken of the fireplace we have stoned the entire fireplace jog. Stoning it required some extra support. I don't know the specific of what was done. If he wants to match ill just have to get him another 6504.

The center speaker will not be on the same plane as the front speakers. The fireplace jog sticks out 24 or 28 inches from the back wall.

Yes I have already ordered...

kl-6504 for the fronts

kl-6502 for the center

ks-7800 for the sides

kl-6502 for the rears

and 2 svs sb13 ultra

Congrats. You ordered a very nice system.

The smaller center will probably not fit between the studs.

If you stoned the fireplace, adding the center will not be that hard. You will have to go back in and saw cut out a rectangle of stone to fit the center and probably build a small box to hold the center. May also need to pop out some drywall on the back drywall so the box isnt too small. I am assumign that you used cultured stone and not a sheet of marble or granite.

This can be done very tastefully and fit in well with the stone.