Crossover for High

Wrench722

I am running a Focal TN53K K2 Power Tweeter and Focal 3 KRX3 K2 Power Midrange as highs on one channel with an active digital computer based crossover. I am using 6 KRX3 K2 Power Woofer for mid/bass on diffrent channel. I have the tweeter and the midrange wired parallel. The midrange is 4 ohms and the tweeter is 8 ohms. So what would be the best crossover point? And what size of resistor would I put on the tweeter and where?

post-17652-0-78120000-1388209705_thumb.p

post-17652-0-40160000-1388209718_thumb.p

post-17652-0-77040000-1388210638_thumb.p

Edited by Wrench722

Wrench, I don't think you have provided enough information. I'm actually not sure...

Are what you have the drivers from a Focal 165 KRX3, but you are using an active digital crossover with the tweeter and midrange, and using a separate amp and lpf for the bass? You don't care about the woofer at this point, just the fact that the impedance is different between the tweeter and midrange?

If that is the case, then you can simply increase the gain within the active crossover of the tweeter channel. As for the crossover point, I would do that by ear. You might like different points, and as importantly slopes.

Edited by mustang guy

Here are the specs on the 165HRX3, (http://www.focal-america.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/165KRX3_Spec.pdf)

I purchased two sets of Focal 165 KRX3 (Set for front and set for back) but found the crossovers that came with them were not flexible so I went with the Audison Bit One Processor. I am using the 6" for my mid/bass and is being pushed with two JL Audio HD 600 dridged to 300watts for each 6". That uses four of the eight channels in the Bit One and the other four is for the highs. That is why I am hooking the tweeter and the 3" mid together and they are being pushed by one JL Audio HD 600 and 150 watts per channel. For the bass I have two JL Audio 12W6 and being pushed by 2 JL Audio HD750's and is set up on Audiocontrol Matrix manual crossovers.

I have been tuning by ear but I want to hear from others to see if I am headed in right direction or something I might have missed.

My thinking is: when I hooked the tweeter and the mid together to act as my highs, because I don't have enough channels to separate and cross them separately. So if I cross the frequency say 1000Hz to 20,000Hz in the Bit One then wouldn't I want to put a resister on the tweeter so it don't get all 1000Hz to 20,000Hz.