A/B switch for speakers AVR-2 Channel Amp setup?

quakana

So I am sold that 2 channel amps are way better than "stereo mode" with multi-channel receivers. Is there a way I can use my speakers with both (not at the same time obviously) where if I have a surround sound movie on I can use my AVR and if I want to listen to music I use my 2 channel setup?

• Like 1

Does you AVR have Pre-outs?

If it does, you can use a Stereo amp for the main speakers and let the AVR handle the rest.

Dennie

It does but I have a separate Pre-Amp for the Amp as well....and IMO the AVR Pre is not as good as my 2 channel Pre so I really need to find a way to switch it

Niles SPK-1

Thanks that looks great. Question though....are speakers running off of AMP "A" until you trigger a signal from AMP "B" and then it switches over? I believe my Kinergetics Pre-Amp has DC trigger "out" on the back so that might work too rather than the DC supply

Why don't you list what gear you want to use and the configuration you want to use it in.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. :blush:

Dennie

Just think of it as I have 2 separate AMPS and I want to use a single pair of speakers and switch between what amp I'm using to power the speakers

....kind of the reverse of speaker switching ....sorry for the confusion

• Like 1

If you descide to get the Nile SPK1 because it will work for what you want to accomplish, I have one brand new that I never unwrapped, but threw the box out. I will sell it for $50 plus shipping. I was going to do what you want to do, but I said screw it and bought a much better surround pre amp and I'm running four stereo amps to 7 speakers, :rolleyes:

Roger

• Like 1

If you descide to get the Nile SPK1 because it will work for what you want to accomplish, I have one brand new that I never unwrapped, but threw the box out. I will sell it for $50 plus shipping. I was going to do what you want to do, but I said screw it and bought a much better surround pre amp and I'm running four stereo amps to 7 speakers, :rolleyes:

Roger

I'll take it Roger! PM me your paypal address I just sent you my address for shipping

• Like 1