SB3sound bar issues

Mikey

As a owner of various klipsch products I have to say I have been a supporter till now.On boxing day I purchased a SB3 soundbar package to add a simple sound system to our family room tv.For the most part it sounds great, problem is there seems to be. Glitch somewhere in the volume.The soundbar sporadically cuts the signal I,m guessing and the sound stops. to correct this you have to either hit volume up or down on either the Cable box remote, the SB remote, or the controls directly on the soundbar. having called the tech hot line ,I was told its likely an IR i issue from the plasma tv it's hooked too,even though nothing has or had triggered this loss of sound issue.This sounds very hokey that this product should have issues with plasma tv,s in particular.....Next I called a local shop that does warranty work plus sales and they said it was possible a cable box issue, so I tryed a different cable box, same issue...Next I tryed hooking a DVD player to the SB and sound was flawless??? This is all using the fibre optic cable. I,be tryed hooking through tv to soundbar and cable box directly with same results. Next option is calling cable company? Or taking SB back to store and possibly exchange,maybe only soundbar minus the sub as I don,t think the problem lies in the sub,,,,,,, Any thought ,suggestions?

I'd say if your using the same cable in same input and DVD worked flawless the problem is an issue with the cable box. Maybe two defective units in a row. Possible as cable boxes get passed around like its cool. Maybe something to do with a software issue. Do you have a receiver you can try that cable box on through optic to see if it sucks on another source as well?

The cable boxes, are or were both brand new units at the time as they were the updated HD boxes. Sadly only other options to test that have the fibre optic cable is my home theatre receiver which is very inaccessable. I did think about trying say a boom box or what ever but would have to use rca connections and i think that may defeet the purpose? I guess i have nothing to lose by trying this solution as my next option is packing all or part of the system up and going back to the retail store i dealt with....

I'm not trying to rule out the possibility that 2x cable boxes could be bad. Likely made same time same batch ,whatever.Maybe even an issue with cable signal ,which no one but the local cable gods would know. Just sad that for the time being we have gone back to turning the soundbar OFF completely and gone back to tv speakers due to sheer frustration.

I hear ya. I've never owned a sound bar. But I would think their simplicity would make them sure shots for some descent sound. My kuro has an incredible sound bar. As it should for the price they once were. I'm glad is has it as I don't always like the surround in the living room on. But with new led tv's and there little baby speakers a sound bar will happen for times when surround sound ain't on.