Denon DBT-3313UDCI Vs Playstation

quakana

Is it better audio/video quality than the typical 100 dollar BluRay players or the PS3?

I would say that the stereo analog outputs would provide better 2-channel music sound quality than the PS3 and your typical $100.00 BD player. Build quality appears to be leaps and bounds better over your average BD player. Looks to have a very sturdy transport mechanism and overall heft(15 pounds vs typical 4 pounds) clearly leans toward the Denon.

c26-B0092KZDTW-3-l.jpg

Also, the msrp price of the Denon falls between the Oppo 103 and 105.

For BD and DVD movies using HDMI, sound or video quality would probably be near the same. For built in music streaming playback, I am not sure.

Bill

Edited by willland

Thanks Willland ! I am looking at a Denon "bundle" with an AVR&BD and just wondered if the Denon BD is really worth the extra spend...most every device out there now a days has internet based "playing" available so for something like this unless the picture quality or HDMI based audio quality is leaps and bounds better than the other options I would probably not spend the extra $

Edited by quakana
  • Like 1

Thanks Willland ! I am looking at a Denon "bundle" with an AVR&BD and just wondered if the Denon BD is really worth the extra spend...most every device out there now a days has internet based "playing" available so for something like this unless the picture quality or HDMI based audio quality is leaps and bounds better than the other options I would probably not spend the extra $

save your money unless you are doing a 2 channel setup
  • Like 1

I just got the OPPO 103D a few days ago. So far seems like a good player. But save a $100 and get just the 103. I don't see any benefit of the darbee. But then again i think the 103D has some 3D stuff the other does not.

It compared to the cheap blu ray i had. The cheap one would not do 7.1 sound.

It compared to the PS3. Off had one difference is when playing a 6.1 blu ray the ps3 would cut sound to the two rear surround speakers and the oppo forces that 6th channel to both rear surround in a 7.1 system.

Just in general the more expensive ones will have a lot more video processing stuff.

• Like 1

The darbee becomes extremely beneficial if you are using a projection/large display. If you currently use a 70” or less display I have seen little effects for a darbee but on a 125” projection screen it certainly becomes a nice feature. Also I agree with scrappy and id save the money unless the Denon is going to be implemented as a part of a 2 channel setup.

The darbee becomes extremely beneficial if you are using a projection/large display. If you currently use a 70” or less display I have seen little effects for a darbee but on a 125” projection screen it certainly becomes a nice feature. Also I agree with scrappy and id save the money unless the Denon is going to be implemented as a part of a 2 channel setup.

This is good info....I have a 120" screen with a panasonic projector

• Like 1