Selling Pair of RP-5s (3-way towers w/powered subs), matching RC-3 Center, Integra DTR 9.1 U2

philaudiophile

So I'm fundraising for family medical needs and thought I'd approach this forum about the set of audio gear I'm selling. I live in Philadelphia, so a buyer in the northeast corridor would be ideal since this is some heavy stuff, but shipping isn't completely out of the question.

So here's what's on the block:

• 2 (1 pair) RP-5 Towers
  • 1 RC-3 Center Channel
  • 1 Integra DTR 9.1 U2 Receiver

Details:

product_333365.jpg

1 Pair (there's a left and right due to the subwoofer orientation) of the legendary Klipsch Reference Series RP-5 Floorstanding Speakers. Stock Photo/Specs Page - Specs from Manual (attached):

· Sensitivity: 96dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter

· Bandwidth: 25Hz–20kHz±3dB

· Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms

· Crossover Frequencies: 1950Hz and 90Hz

· Power Handling: 150 watts maximum continuous (400 watts peak)

· Enclosure Type, Tweeter and Mid Bass: Sealed

· Enclosure Type, Subwoofer: Bass reflex via wide flare, rear-firing port

· Drive Components: Three-way system using one 1" (2.54cm) K-105-K magnetically shielded, titaninum dome compression driver with a 90° x 60° Tractrix Horn, one 8" (20.32cm) K-1084-S aluminum cone, magnetically shielded

mid bass and one 12" (30.38cm) K-1087-K subwoofer

· Subwoofer Amplifier: Peak output power 525 watts into 4 ohms/FTC-rated power: 165 watts continuous into 4 ohms, 22-80Hz @ 1% THD maximum

· Auto Power On: 2 second ON delay, 15 minute OFF delay

· Inputs: High level speaker terminals via binding posts; two line level terminals including a variable line input and a dedicated LFE input (non-filtered) via RCA phono jacks

· Outputs: One line level and one LFE output via RCA phono jacks (pass through from Line In and LFE input)

· Net Weight: 72lbs. (32.7kg)

· Height: 42.5" (107.9cm)

· Width: 9" (22.9cm)

· Depth: 20.3" (51.6cm)

· Cabinet: Medium density fiber board construction (MDF)

· Finish: Black Ash vinyl veneer

· Voltage: 110/120VAC 60Hz

(Qty 1) Matching Center Channel Klipsch Reference Series RC-3. Stock Photo/Specs Page, Specs from Manual (attached; manual for RP-5 and RC-3 are the same document):

!!eHBFMgBWM~$(KGrHqUOKi8E1KgJDFBLBNWWtTe

· Sensitivity: 97dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter

· Bandwidth: 60Hz–20kHz±3dB

· Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms

· Crossover Frequency: 1950Hz

· Power Handling: 150 watts maximum continuous (400 watts peak)

· Enclosure Type: Sealed

· Drive Components: Two-way system using one 1" (2.54cm) K-105-KV magnetically shielded titaninum dome compression driver with a 90° x 60° Tractrix Horn and two 6.5" (16.5cm) K-1085-SV aluminum cone, magnetically shielded woofers

· Net Weight: 29lbs. (13.2kg)

· Height: 7.9" (20.1cm)

· Width: 22.9" (58.2cm)

· Depth: 9" (22.8cm)

· Cabinet: Medium density fiber board construction (MDF)

· Finish: Black matte vinyl

Integra DTR 9.1 U2 Receiver - 7.1 Channel THX Ultra2 Certified, 130W x 7 channels @ 8 ohms...this thing is a monster. Integra is Onkyo's high-end line, and the 9.1U2 was the most feature-rich receiver of its day. It can still wipe the floor with most anything out there today; it's just not going to connect directly to your wireless router or dock your iPhone. It does pack all the crossovers and processing (e.g. 8 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs) you'd expect and then some...2 sub pre-amp outs (perfect for the RP-5s), 7 pre-amp outs, one for each channel for additional power amps, Zone 2 amplification, 12v triggers, even discrete 5.1 multichannel inputs (which future-proofed this beast - it lacks HDMI, but any source that can output up to 6 (for 5.1) discrete preamplified analog channels over RCA - which it will upconvert to 7.1 - will flow beautifully into this thing via the included RCA to DB-25 adaptor...I could go on. Hit the links for the whole story. Official Product Page. Online Manual.

Front:

dtr91u2.jpg

Rear:

5yhm.jpg

Condition:

Klipsch Speakers: The three speakers are in great condition. Functionally they are flawless and sound amazing. There are small dents in the mid driver of each RP-5, but otherwise all other aspects of the speakers are in excellent condition. The grilles of the RP-5s and the RC-3 are fine, but missing a few pegs; they all fit securely into the speakers.

Integra Receiver: This unit itself is in near mint condition. The backlit learning remote control (RC-418M) has a crack in the plastic underneath the power button, but it's cosmetic only, barely noticeable, and the remote is functionally perfect. The receiver comes with power cable, remote, and DB-25 to 6-CA Adapter

Terms & Asking Price:

The speakers sell as a set; I will sell the receiver separately or throw everything together. At the right price I'll throw in monster cables for all three speakers, plus 2 preamped subwoofer cables for the RP-5s. Please keep in mind I paid over $2K for the three speakers and $3K for the receiver. To reiterate, there'd be no way I'd sell these unless it was for the purpose stated at the beginning of the post.

• I'm asking $650 for the three Klipsch speakers (2 x RP-5, 1 x RC-3)
  • I'm asking $650 for the Integra DTR 9.1 U2 Receiver (incl. Remote, of course)
  • I'll take $1200 for all of the above and throw in:
    • (3) Monster Cable M-Series Speaker Cables (two are red/black for L/R - one is 10', the other 15', and the third 10' green/black for C)
    • (2) Monster Cable M-Series Subwoofer Cables (quite long, est. one is 15' and the other is 20')

PM me with offers, and I'll answer any questions I can in this thread. Pics of this actual gear forthcoming,

Edited by philaudiophile