FSU vs Auburn...who ya got

hugeroost

see, I thought it didn't sound right, Iowa-BCS don't go together.

Sancho, you a cfb fan, seem to be, I am also bigtime, the Rose should be a good one, I was at the rose when Miami ran a train on Nebraska, Stanford gonna be hard to beat with all that beef up front but state does have the #1 D against the run so we`ll see

Man I would so love to see the Texans new coach pick up J Football, I think all the other pieces are there, they just need a good qb to chunk to Andre, plus just think of the asses he will put in the seats, they may even sell out some games, folks here in Texas love them some Johnny. I would take him above Bridgewater, who has really never seen pressure in the conf he plays in, UCF got a little on him and he freaked, and that's J Footballs strong point.....Roost

those B1G teams are tough...

lol, true, very interested to see who Texas hires, there is no reason in the world that the horns should"nt be at least playin for it all every other year with that BS conf they play in and 5 star players stacked up like cordwood, if they do accidently hire the right guy (Art Briles) who can actually coach, look out. I have never been a Mack Brown fan, he wins 99% of his games just by out-talenting the other team, no actual coaching, glad to see him go, now lets hope they get the real deal...Roost

As a former wide receiver for the Gators, I have to wonder........

can both teams lose?????

The conspiracy theories about the SEC crack me up. You can't really think that there is some great organization that looks the other way when it comes to SEC teams, right? What about when Bobby Bowden let Janikowski play because he was subject to "International rules". He knew that he probably couldn't win without him.

The undeniable fact is that for the last many years the SEC has had better recruiting thus better teams THUS more championships. When I was playing, Alabama was a dominant force and that was 30 years ago. Since then, quite a few SEC teams have had dynasties. Although FSU has 2 NTs, they were separated by 6 years. They were a great team then and look to be on the road to more awesome seasons.

My Gators now are in a bad way. The coach should have been replaced. Unfortunately we have a while before we are competitive again.

Anyone who knows anything about college football can't tell you with a straight face that the ACC is anywhere near as good as the SEC. Therefore FSU doesn't have the type of competition that SEC teams do. In any year.

Neither do teams from other divisions. Take Ohio State, for example. They breeze through a season and then play an SEC team for the NT and it always ends ugly.

I have no love for Auburn. I have less for FSU. And NOW to make things worse, my son is dating one of Bobby Bowden's granddaughters. Sucks to be me right now :D

The way I see it, Auburn is a couple of plays from being an average team. FSU's schedule has left a lot to be desired. I would have to flip a coin. I think both teams can win. Depends on which one wants it bad enough. I should root for Auburn since they are a fellow SEC team but I hate them. I should root for FSU because they are another Florida school but to do so is impossible, The best I can do is watch the game and hope it is close.

:blink::blink::angry::unsure::wacko:

Ron

hey Ron, nice post, what amazes me is the run those Miami Hurricanes went on, 10 years without losing a home game, with a herd of top 10 teams coming into the orange bowl and leaving with their tails tucked, that may never happen again. I really loved watching those Jimmy Johnson coached teams, and the amount of players they put in the league was unreal, I just love a good college football game, and the atmosphere is second to none. Your boy Spurrior fielded some dam good teams too, really enjoyed watching his hi powered offenses, he just didn't put a lot of stock in defense....Roost

hey Ron, nice post, what amazes me is the run those Miami Hurricanes went on, 10 years without losing a home game, with a herd of top 10 teams coming into the orange bowl and leaving with their tails tucked, that may never happen again. I really loved watching those Jimmy Johnson coached teams, and the amount of players they put in the league was unreal, I just love a good college football game, and the atmosphere is second to none. Your boy Spurrior fielded some dam good teams too, really enjoyed watching his hi powered offenses, he just didn't put a lot of stock in defense....Roost

Yeah, Miami definitely had their time in the spotlight. They really had their way with FSU back in the day. Howard Schnellenberger was their coach when I was at Florida. Jim Kelly was their QB in 82 when we upset them 17-14 with a last minute one handed catch . The next week my fellow Lakeland Dreadnaught, Wayne Peace, was on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Brings back some great memories. Thank goodness that was before Miami started to ramp up......

Ron

Mississippi State played Miami 4 years, 80-83, iIrc, won 1st 2, lost next 2. Kent Hull, rip, was our center & Kelly Miami QB, @ least some of those games.

Hull & Kelly played a long time together for the Bills.

Remember beating Miami for HC 1981, 14-10, or something like that.

Edited by Sancho Panza

Mississippi State played Miami 4 years, 80-83, iIrc, won 1st 2, lost next 2. Kent Hull, rip, was our center & Kelly Miami QB, @ least some of those games.

Hull & Kelly played a long time together for the Bills.

Remember beating Miami for HC 1981, 14-10, or something like that.

I remember that you guys had a QB that had really long dark hair. Rare for those days.

Ron

• Like 1

Sugar Bowl today but the greatest one I've ever seen was MIama vs Alabama in the Sugar Bowl for the 1992 National Championship. Geno had just won the Heisman. Miami's Lamar Thomas (wide receiver) had been talking smack all week about how he was gonna tear up the Alabama secondary. Then George Teague made this great play.

Texans & J Football would fill the seats; what Jacksonville should do with Tebow.

The seats are already full. I'm more concerned with John Footballs maturity or lack thereof. Seems like a real knucklehead from what I've seen albeit a very talented knucklehead. OBrien can coach the heck out of a quarterback. I'd rather see the Texans pick a decent quarterback later and grab Clowny first. Can you imagine Clowny and Watts on the same line?? They'd both need constant double teaming. Apologies if I spelled any of the above names wrong.

Sugar Bowl today but the greatest one I've ever seen was MIama vs Alabama in the Sugar Bowl for the 1992 National Championship. Geno had just won the Heisman. Miami's Lamar Thomas (wide receiver) had been talking smack all week about how he was gonna tear up the Alabama secondary. Then George Teague made this great play.

Wow. I've seen some takeaways before but that is nuts.

Ron