FSU vs Auburn...who ya got

hugeroost

Carl, I think your right, the dade faithful do not like slick Nick, he"s a much better college coach because he has complete control, hell he even controls the media in Bama. The college money is getting huge now, so no need to go to nfl to make the big bucks, he makes more than most nfl coaches, and rumor has it Texas has 7-10 million a year on the table, think about that, insane money. I think Bellichick is highest paid nfl coach at 7 mill and Texas will top that, nobody can compete with UT when it comes to money, I think their endowment is 7-8 billion, unreal.

he"s a much better college coach because he has complete control

He's a better college coach because he's a great recruiter and has better players. He wasn't a good X's and O's guy in Miami and I doubt he is in Alabama. Like I said, when the playing field is level like it is in the pros, he's not that great. Give him better players than everyone else and he's a good coach. He could never handle dealing with a salary cap and having to coach men.

• Like 1

he"s a much better college coach because he has complete control

He's a better college coach because he's a great recruiter and has better players. He wasn't a good X's and O's guy in Miami and I doubt he is in Alabama. Like I said, when the playing field is level like it is in the pros, he's not that great. Give him better players than everyone else and he's a good coach. He could never handle dealing with a salary cap and having to coach men.

agree but that sure didn't help Mack Brown much

Mack should have won way more than he did, I"ve watched that NC game several times, it was the Vince Young show, there was not a whole lot of actual coaching on Mack"s part at all, they simply had no answer for VY running around on broken plays, prior to that it was 1969 the last time Texas won. I am using Carl"s logic here which is usually true, except in Mack"s case, in 10 years as coach I bet he didn't play 2 teams that could match his talent, look at his classes, consistently top 5 and a bunch of #1 classes, 5 stars 3 deep, yet his record vs ranked teams was horrible, vs top 10 teams was even worse. Bob Stoops routinely stomped his *** by 50 with way less talent, put them in the SEC those 10 years they are 500 at best. I have said this on the scout forums many times that if Texas ever gets a real good coach its game over, they play a weak sched in a weak conf, all they have to do normally is beat OU and their in, put that with all the Texas money and athletes and you could have a dynasty, Art Briles could do it, so could Fisher or Malzon.......Roost

This pick kinda ticks me off.

My Gators decide to keep a lame coach instead of getting Strong back. But I will say that I have just about had it with defensive head coaches. He did a fine job when he was at Florida, but made some unsavory remarks about the school when he left. Probably why he was 166th on the list of new coaches for Florida this year......

you know what they say about burning bridges.....

Ron

Man it looks nice there, could go for some of that weather and a few cold ones with all that talent walking around. I was at the rose for the Miami/Nebraska game, had a blast, huskers should have never been there though, nuttin like the atmosphere of a bigtime college game, much more-so than the nfl

Man it looks nice there, could go for some of that weather and a few cold ones with all that talent walking around. I was at the rose for the Miami/Nebraska game, had a blast, huskers should have never been there though, nuttin like the atmosphere of a bigtime college game, much more-so than the nfl

My brother is there. He is a Gator fan but loves big games. Decked out in Gator colors, he fits in great with the Auburn crowd.

It appears that Auburn is having its way with FSU. Lotta ball to play tho.

Ron