Anyone Collect Old Cars?

dwillie

Very nice, and not hot rodded!

I just sold this car over the summer. it's an early 65 hi-po Mustang 2+2 black on black 4 speed.

IMG_1902.jpg

It's big brother, which I still own. A 1967 GT Mustang Fastback 289 4 spd, and a 1966 Ford Galaxie 500XL 428ci Convertible:

IMG_0663.jpg

Last year I sold this 1969 Fastback "Indian Fire Red" with a super cobra jet:

IMG_2000.jpg

That's it for Fords for me.

• Like 1

I wish I still had my 65 Mustang 2+2 black on black. But gave it to a friend who needed a car for his family. He wound up totaling it.

I still have my 58 chev PU that was the 1st vehicle I bought. My wife said I never get rid of anything. She's almost right. I still have her. Seems like she is getting better with time.

John

I still own a 1966 Dodge Charger that I purchased in 1989 while going to school in Phx. Az . It sits in my garage as it has for the past 20 years . With my income the way it is it's not , errr , practical to put it back on the road , yet I still can't part with it . It's a one of these days kinda deal . It was not original when I bought it , the 361bb had been replaced with a 383 . Me being the kind of guy I am yanked the 383 and replaced it with a 440 that I had pulled out of a 1967 Imperial convertible . No lie , the engine has the closed chamber 915 heads that only came with the 1967 440 engines , " the engine is worth more than the car " . My gas mileage was around 5 mpg stop and go in town although I estimate that I got around 12 mpg on the interstate while driving fron Phx, Az to Chas, SC back in 1990 . I'm sure the old 55mph speed limit helped with that .

Not collectable at all, 71 Mach-1 352c 4bbl. I paid $60 for it. But it is a runner. chris

Who told you it wasn't collectible? Restored, I would LOVE to have that car! In fact, I have been on the hunt for a 71 Mach1 Fastback. I like them in yellow.

You say this has a 352 in it. Is that from an old Galaxie or something? What engine was the car born with, and is it a 4 speed car?

well I didn't have an old car to post so how bout a boat, STV Euro ski w/ 300 Merc 128mph, this is a tunnel with a v at the very back for stability at speed, gonna post another that shows the bottom so yall can see what I'm talking about. This boat will comfortably run 100 with two guys up front and two scrawny women in the back, has a bench seat in back

You say this has a 352 in it.

Well that was a typo! After all it was getting late and my eyes were rather fuzzy :blink: . my bad. I edited my post.

The car came with the 351Cleveland 2barrel motor, FMX Auto 2.75 rear 9 inch. 120 mph speedo, It had a Holley 500 cfm carb.

Then I got most of the top of a 351C 4bbl motor, I used the better 4v heads, cam and cast ford 4v intake. I got Hooker comp headers and Holley 3310 vac 750 carb. Later I got a Torker II intake and Erson 310 deg cam. The cam and intake really helped. I saw some TV show where they stated 2v heads were better for the street? They said the 4v heads were too big, 2.2 intake etc. I had a good chuckle, I don't think they actually tried the changes they were talking about. The 351C 4v heads were similar to Boss 302 heads. You have some beautiful Fords in your stable! chris

Torker heads are great. Whoever said 2V was better was nuts. Perhaps it is true with a low rise cam if the atomization is superior due to venturi effect. Those 351/400's are capable of some serious torque properly outfitted. Sounds like yours is. A 750 and headers are letting that cam and those heads breath properly. Nice setup!