#1 Boxx

Boxx

Moderator Emeritus

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Okay... You movers and shakers. It is time to move into 2014 with a new thread of "RTM.

Posting starts tomorrow.

dance.gif

Edited by Boxx, 02 January 2015 - 02:54 PM.

“I suppose it's like the ticking crocodile, isn't it? Time is chasing after all of us.” J.M Barrie, Peter Pan

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." John Wooden

"It is very easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements in comparison with what we owe others." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

#2 Boxx

Boxx

Moderator Emeritus

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

Happy New Years my friends....

DSC_0116.jpg

Urbie Green (1968)

URBIE GREEN AND TWENTY OF THE "WORLDS GREATEST"

21 TROMBONES

ROCK BLUES JAZZ

Project TOTAL SOUND STEREO

“I suppose it's like the ticking crocodile, isn't it? Time is chasing after all of us.” J.M Barrie, Peter Pan

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." John Wooden

"It is very easy to overestimate the importance of our own achievements in comparison with what we owe others." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

#3 Rick

Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationHorseheads, NY

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

Happy New Year!!

Saxandthecity004_zps6036a10a.jpg?t=13885

Sax And The City (various artists) ~ HighNote Records SACD ~ 2008

lasting%2Bimpression3.jpg

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music." Keith Richards 

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

#4 Rick

Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationHorseheads, NY

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

:emotion-51: Happy 71st birthday to Andy Summers!! :emotion-19:

(hard to believe he's that old :excl: :excl: )

czqsJJ9reD6L26zsGs8AknHv12Q_zps523b85b5.

police003_zps224f9700.jpg?t=1388592954

The Police ~ Disc Two ~ 2007 A&M

Edited by Rick, 01 January 2014 - 11:35 AM.

"If you don't know the blues... there's no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music." Keith Richards 

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

#5 Dennie

Dennie

Member since 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Happy New Year everyone..... welcomeconfetti.gif :emotion-19:

Billie-Holiday-Lady-in-Satin_zps8335f703

Lady In Satin -- Remastered 20Bit CD

Billie Holiday with Ray Ellis and His Orchestra

1958/1997 Columbia Legacy

This was her penultimate album, recorded when her body was telling her enough was enough. During the sessions with arranger Ray Ellis she was drinking vodka neat, as if it were tap water. Yet, for all her ravaged voice (the sweetness had long gone) she was still an incredible singer. The feeling and tension she manages to put into almost every track sets this album as one of her finest achievements. 'You've Changed' and 'I Get Along Without You Very Well' are high art performances from the singer who saw life from the bottom upwards. The CD reissue masterminded by Phil Shaap is absolutely indispensable.

Track Listing
1. I'm a Fool to Want You - (edited master)
2. For Heaven's Sake
3. You Don't Know What Love Is
4. I Get Along Without You Very Well
5. For All We Know
6. Violets for Your Furs
7. You've Changed
8. It's Easy to Remember
9. But Beautiful
10. Glad to Be Unhappy
11. I'll Be Around
12. End of a Love Affair, The - (instrumental track & overdub take 8, mono)
13. I'm a Fool to Want You - (previously unreleased, Take 3, bonus track)
14. I'm a Fool to Want You - (previously unreleased, alternate take, alternate take 2, bonus track)
15. End of a Love Affair: The Audio Story, The - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
16. End of a Love Affair, The - (previously unreleased, stereo, bonus track)
17. [Pause Track]

Personnel includes: Billie Holiday (vocals); Ray Ellis (conductor); Mel Davis (trumpet); Urbie Green, J.J. Johnson, Tom Mitchell (trombone); Danny Bank, Phil Bodner, Romeo Penque (woodwinds); George Ockner (violin); David Sawyer (cello); Janet Putnam (harp); Mal Waldron (piano); Barry Galbraith (guitar); Milt Hinton (bass); Osie Johnson (drums); Phil Kraus (percussion).Recorded in New York, New York from February 19-21, 1958. Originally released on Columbia (1157). Includes liner notes by Irving Townsend, Ray Ellis and Phil Schaap.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
- George Best

“We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are” – Anais Nin US (French-born) author

000955-1.jpg God Bless our Troops!

2 Channel: 1979 La Scalas or MB Quart Vera, Sherbourn PT-7020A, Oppo BD105Darbee Universal Player, AudioControl C-101 III, Adcom GFA-555, Pioneer PL-55X Turntable, SVS 20-39 PC Plus, Audioquest Copperhead Interconnects

HT: Samsung 60" 3D Smart TV, Infocus 4805 Front Projector w/100" Screen, Kef Q7's, Kef Q10c, Ci130Ds, Ci130QR, ADCOM GFA 7607, SVS 20-39 PC Plus, Paramax 5100,HT Master MX-800

#6 v8peters

v8peters

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

@ 7:46 AM

Bridge_Over_Troubled_Water_1971_Capitol.

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Buck Owens and His Buckaroos

1971 Capitol

"Who gives a sh*t, it's a great band, it's a bad band. It's like pizza, baby. It's good no matter what, there's music in the air!" Jeremy Grey (Vince Vaughn) - Wedding Crashers

#7 v8peters

v8peters

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

@ 8:15 AM

Great_Dolly_Parton_Vo_1_The_1979_Camden.

The Great Dolly Parton, Vol. 1

Dolly Parton

1979 Camden

"Who gives a sh*t, it's a great band, it's a bad band. It's like pizza, baby. It's good no matter what, there's music in the air!" Jeremy Grey (Vince Vaughn) - Wedding Crashers

#8 v8peters

v8peters

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

@ 8:48 AM

Willie_Before_His_Time_1977_RCA_Victor.j

Willie, Before His Time

Willie Nelson

1977 RCA Victor

#9 v8peters

v8peters

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

@ 9:23 AM

What_Goes_Around_Comes_Around_1979_RCA.j

What Goes Around Comes Around

Waylon Jennings

1979 RCA

#10 Rick

Rick

Rick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • LocationHorseheads, NY

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

1971 Capitol

Dolly Parton

1979 Camden

Happy New Year v8!! I thought I was losing it briefly when it looked like my post had "disappeared". It took me a few minutes to realize what was going on.lol... :D

#11 v8peters

v8peters

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Evangeline_1981_Warner_Bros.jpg

Evangeline

Emmylou Harris

1981 Warner Bros.

#12 Tigerman

Tigerman

Klipschorn Owner

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

This is a carried over posting from a short while ago....

Good NEW YEARS morning everyone !!!..................... :emotion-44:

A final lazy day for me before going back to work tomorrow.......in a SNOW STORM !! Right now, sunny but I am staying inside.

THIS WEEKEND, I am having a Music Appreciation Day !, my to old friends from RI. are headed HERE (Pezz joined us briefly if you remember), and it will be a day and evening of play after play in MANY forms of media except cassette / 8 track as those machines are in repair right now..

Needless to say, the Dynaco system will be heating up the music room :smile: . I plan on taking photos of our selections and posting them, however, they will probably be a bit after the fact since I won't have a computer in the music room to upload UNLESS someone can instruct how to make it easy on an iPad (moving photos into the forum etc.)

Anyway, enjoy New Years everyone.................good to see you all......... :emotion-29:

.....Gary

#13 v8peters

v8peters

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

1971 Capitol

Dolly Parton

1979 Camden

Happy New Year v8!! I thought I was losing it briefly when it looked like my post had "disappeared". It took me a few minutes to realize what was going on.lol... :D

Happy New Year! It helps if I knew what month it is!

#14 runninshine

runninshine

Fully Horn Loaded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationAmerican Fork, Utah

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

DSC_9333_zpsb8c6e95c.jpg

My Morning Jacket

Acoustic Citsuoca

Live

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

#15 Boxx

Boxx

Moderator Emeritus

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

DSC_0210.jpg

Herb Alpert (2001)

DEFINITIVE HITS

#16 Dennie

Dennie

Member since 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

51xj81C9vHL._SS500_.jpg

Young Lions & Old Tigers -- 20 Bit CD

Dave Brubeck with Special Guests

1995 Telarc Jazz

To celebrate his 75th birthday, Dave Brubeck recorded one number apiece with quite a variety of top jazz stars, both young and old. Some of the performances (which alternate duets with quartets) work better than others (eight are recent Brubeck compositions) but all of the musicians display mutual respect, and it is obvious that the guests are all fans of the still-masterful pianist. Trumpeter Roy Hargrove plays beautifully on his lyrical feature but Jon Hendricks, who sings "How High the Moon" as a ballad, takes it at such a slow tempo as to be dreary. Tenor-saxophonist Michael Brecker is fine on "Michael Brecker Waltz," although he sounds a bit restrained, the wittily-titled "Here Comes McBride" is a good-humored romp with bassist Christian McBride; Joe Lovano (on tenor) works well with Brubeck, and particularly memorable is the first meeting on record between Brubeck and fellow pianist George Shearing, with a chance-taking interpretation of "In Your Own Sweet Way." Joshua Redman performs fine hard bop on one song, "Together," is a well-conceived duet for baritonist Gerry Mulligan and Brubeck, James Moody plays tenor, sings, and yodels on the minor blues "Moody," Mulligan returns for the contrapuntal "Gerry-Go-Round," and, although the obscure flugelhornist Ronnie Buttacavoli sounds very out of place on his boring feature, the set closes with one of the strongest performances, a solo piano showcase for Brubeck on "Deep in a Dream." Overall, this is quite a mixed bag but, even with its occasional misses, the CD is a must for Dave Brubeck fans, because the pianist is consistently inventive throughout the unusual set. ~ Scott Yanow

Track listing

1. Roy Hargrove
2. How High the Moon
3. Michael Brecker Waltz
4. Here Comes McBride
5. Joe Lovano Tango
6. In Your Own Sweet Way
7. Joshua Redman
8. Together
9. Moody
10. Gerry-Go-Round
11. Ronnie Buttacavoli
12. Deep In a Dream

Personnel: Dave Brubeck (piano); James Moody (vocals, tenor saxophone); Jon Hendricks (vocals); Michael Brecker, Joe Lovano, Joshua Redman (tenor saxophone); Gerry Mulligan (baritone saxophone); Roy Hargrove (trumpet); Ronnie Buttacavoli (flugelhorn); George Shearing (piano); Chris Brubeck (electric bass); Christian McBride, Jack Six (bass); Randy Jones (drums).

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
- George Best

“We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are” – Anais Nin US (French-born) author

000955-1.jpg God Bless our Troops!

2 Channel: 1979 La Scalas or MB Quart Vera, Sherbourn PT-7020A, Oppo BD105Darbee Universal Player, AudioControl C-101 III, Adcom GFA-555, Pioneer PL-55X Turntable, SVS 20-39 PC Plus, Audioquest Copperhead Interconnects

HT: Samsung 60" 3D Smart TV, Infocus 4805 Front Projector w/100" Screen, Kef Q7's, Kef Q10c, Ci130Ds, Ci130QR, ADCOM GFA 7607, SVS 20-39 PC Plus, Paramax 5100,HT Master MX-800

#17 runninshine

runninshine

Fully Horn Loaded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationAmerican Fork, Utah

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

DSC_9335_zps8f1bbcb5.jpg

Eagles

Eagles

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

#18 derrickdj1

derrickdj1

Klipsch Ultra Fanatic

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,911 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Indiana

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

DSC_0210.jpg

Herb Alpert (2001)

DEFINITIVE HITS

Nice choice Box. For me keiko Matsui to start the afternoon: The Road

Entertainment Room/HT  7.5 system:: Klipsch RF 7 , RC 64, RS 35 Surrounds and FH

Subwoofers: Dayton Ultimax 18-22 DVC  Sealed Dual  Cab(2) and Large Vented Cab(4)

Aura Pro Bass Shakers (8)

Behringer I Nuke 3000 DSP(3)

Behringer I Nuke 6000 DSP(3)

Pioneer SC 35

Acurus by Mondial 200 Five amplifier

Rocketfish power consoles

Samsung BDP  F 7500

Asus/My Book Live HPC

Family Room: Sony STR HD 510, Samsung BDP C 5500, Klipsch I con VF 35, Klipsch subwoofer

Two Channel System: Yaquin VK 2100 amp, Samsung BFP F 7500, Klipsch Forte I w Crites XO3

#19 Boxx

Boxx

Moderator Emeritus

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • LocationOvilla, Texas

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

DSC_0265.jpg

STAN GETZ JOAO GILBERTO (1964)

featuring Antonio Carlos Jobim

GETZ / GILBERTO

#20 Tigerman

Tigerman

Klipschorn Owner

• Heritage Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,254 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Afternoon gents.......

Just puttering and now I want to join Boxx with some Herb Alpert here in the studio while I continue cleaning... :)

IMGP9442_zpsa65352fc.jpg