C.Crane WiFi Internet Radio

J.L.

Hey all.... Happy New Year!!!!!
Received a C. Crane WiFi Internet Radio for a Christmas present and just can't believe the amount of radio stations that thing is capable of picking up. I know it’s all Internet connected but it is so nice just to have a radio on my nightstand that can pick up stations like that here in the middle of nowhere!!!! (nowhere as far as radio reception is concerned) Some stations only come in at very low quality kbps, but some come in around 128 kbps and the sound is not all that bad!!!! Nothing compared to CD quality, but just nice to listen to when connecting it to my receiver via the line-out jack on the back of the C. Crane radio and listening to thru the KG’s.
I tried in the past to hook my XM Radio to the same receiver and the KG’s, and the sound is just not up to par. Any station I listened to on the XM just sounded flat and like an AM station. So I leave the XM in the car for listening there.
In my opinion, the C. Crane WiFi Internet radio is far superior to XM’s sound, of course depending on what Internet Radio I’m listening to and the amount of kbps it is sending.
What are your thoughts on this radio if you have had an experience with it??

Does anyone know if the FM stations this radio is playing are in stereo??
Here's a link to the exact radio I'm speaking of.

http://www.ccrane.com/radios/wifi-radios/cc-wifi-radio.aspx#.UsRVRfuiKCk

$%28KGrHqN,%21h8FDDP5%29W%21mBQ9ulPu7gQ~

Do you select the station by call sign? I have listened to internet radio ever since I was in the military while stationed in Japan and Saudi Arabia. Can you confirm if your radio can tune in a couple of my favorites, 97.9 KUPD from Phoenix and 101.1 WRIF from Detroit.

I just checked on the Reciva website which will tell you (I think) all the stations that you can receive with the C. Crane WiFi Internet radio. Both stations show up as being available. So you would be good to go.

I've always listened to AM and FM radio as long as I can remember, but have never received the stations like this in a bedside radio!!!! For $99.99 you can't go wrong. If you don't want to use the wifi, the radio can be connected via an ethernet hardwire connection to you modem too.

And as far as selection of stations, you can enter in a call sign. I've tried that and it works well for finding specific stations. It can also pick out stations from location or genre. Also I pick up my Pandora station on this little gem!!!

It is so nice for late night listening with the speaker that is in the unit, or if you want the full spectrum of sound that is available, you can use the line-out jack to your amp and listen thru your big speakers. This thing sounds great when coming out of my KG 5.5's!!!!

I'll put a link to the Reciva website below..... just type in a station to see if it's available on this radio.....

https://www.reciva.com/station/32148

Edited by J.L.