After the vacation it was back to work, I thought

USNRET

After a bit of frustration with initial insurance conversations a few hours later I have these:

post-19886-0-60420000-1388862461_thumb.j

Insurance gagged when I told them the cost of the original wheels / tires, didn't want to cover the wheels until I proved by VIN that they were stock wheels. I couldn't buy the stock wheels any longer except on Epray for $900 each plus shipping for used ones. Not many selections here in burgville but these are ok.

Edited by USNRET

About 3 weeks ago the the dealership i work next doors to got hit by a professional ring of theives. Between Sat night and Sun morning, they put 51 vehicles on blocks and stole 204 wheel/tire assemblies off brand new Tahoes, Pick Ups and Escalades. Each vehicle had 4 perfectly cut set of wood blocks under them. They cut the locks off the gates and then opened up 10 lamp posts to cut the parking lot lighting. They knew which poles were hubs that would take out a section of lights at a time.

Sorry about what happened to you Mike. Thieves suck.

If you had RCV coverage on your policy then replacement should be like kind and quality, I deal with this a lot on homeowners insurance claims. Sometimes when things are no longer available new they have to pay more to put things back correctly even at 900/each. Unless there's an exclusion in the policy, chances are it's fully covered

Edited by McMiRA

If you had RCV coverage on your policy then replacement should be like kind and quality, I deal with this a lot on homeowners insurance claims. Sometimes when things are no longer available new they have to pay more to put things back correctly even at 900/each. Unless there's an exclusion in the policy, chances are it's fully covered

They were covered but unavailable. The dealer quoted around $4k as cost and the adjuster said I could go that much for replacements but without a ride (wife's van stuck in garage) I was relying on kindness of friends and I didn't want to ask for 5 hr round trip ride into San Antonio to get some 26" bling bling spinners or gold plated / neon lit caps. This set cost $1645 so I saved the Good Hands folks some money, too bad they didn't cover the deductible.

I had my two F250's broke into last April, my neighbor spotted it happening and the police caught all three young people after a small chase. I have since put in a alarm in both and when we go on vacation now, I leave the 2003 F250 where I keep our RV stored. I am considering a remote video system for the drive way.

Did you check the brakes before you put the new wheels on?

Yep, no worse for wear; straight edged rotors (no noticeable defect driving either). Nicked a zerk fitting on a front ball joint. Trying to get insurance to forgive deductible since they could not replace loss and want the new aftermarkets to be covered without additional rider.

Nice looking truck.

I had problems in the past also, when i lived in Cicero i had 2 cars stolen & 1 battery.

Whats funny is one was a green hornet wagon with a 3 speed manual column shift and the linkage would pop off frequently at stoplights so you would have to get out, open the hood and reaffix the linkage. Why they wanted that toilet is anybodys guess. The 84 Cutlass was mint until i got it back with a bald rear tire, slipping tranny & tore up steering column. It was found stting on Cermack not too far from the house.

Glad things worked out for you without too much hastle.

Thieves do suck.

Yes they do, dirtbags

Nice looking truck.

Thanks, bone stock (was) with 145,000 miles from 5/03 until now. Friggin' 6 disc factory player ate them on my last trip to Cigarbum's abode several years ago ( Coytee, Winchester21 & ?) but I didn't want an aftermarket in it so I listened to the radio.

Edited by USNRET

• Moderators

Looks good for 145,00 miles. I have to say when I first looked at the pic I thought " I would love to find one of those in my driveway'', even without tires.

Well at least they didn't vandalize it, and you got new tires, it could have been much worse.

Kind of surprised they didn't try to get in the house considering they must have known you were not there, guess they just wanted quick easy money ? Or they were scared you were inside, which is smart to not take that chance.