What cookware do you use

joessportster

I've got several sizes of CI (Cast Iron)

I'd be happy to send you one for you to try. This way you can get a real world idea of how it cooks. Just be cautious on grabbing the bare handle while cooking (or for short while thereafter)

Honest offer. Heck, I've sent amps, active crossovers out for tryouts, why not a piece of iron.

I won't however, send out my square egg skillet.... I use it every morning :wub:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
For eggs and sautéing, there's nothing better than cast iron. I use our two cast iron skillets more than anything else.

:emotion-21: Just used one 5 min ago, ran water in it wiped it out and put it back on the still warm stove to dry, it's always that easy. Made cornbread in it last night works great for baking also same cleaning.

I remember when i was around 16 or 17 and at my dads for the summer, he had some party where they showed off some stainless steel cookware. I believe the point was for him to buy a set and then sell the cookware for them (kinda like tupperware used to do)

All this talk about kitchen products has me wanting to go outside and split some wood or something :blink:

Edited by joessportster

Caphalon has to be hand washed or it too deteriorates. I have an induction cooktop and it requires magnetic capable pans. I'm using a stainless steel cheapo set I got a Costco 8 years ago. The neat deal with induction is that you don't burn the food as easily. So these pans are working great. Get a new cooktop.

I have one cast iron pan that I cook everything in, it belonged to my great grandmother, then grandmother and now it's mine. Everything else is done on the grill. If you know how to use one you can't beat it. As for my wife, she isn't allowed to touch it. She cooks on the claded cuisinart set we have. My mom has an inductive cooktop and uses allclads, but they cost more than my first car. If you want to get into good clad set for a decent price, you can buy the emirill set they sell at bed bath and beyond. It's made by allclad. I still say you can't beat cast iron if you know how to use it. Just keep it oiled, and get into a habit of cleaning as you cook. I wipe it out as soon as I pour the food out while it's still hot, give it a light scrub if needed then wipe thin coating of olive oil on it and put it back on the hot burner and turn the stove off. If I burn something into it I address it right then instead of when it because to hard to clean. Same advice works on your grill. Clean after you cook, not before.

Edited by McMiRA

I've got several sizes of CI (Cast Iron)

I'd be happy to send you one for you to try. This way you can get a real world idea of how it cooks. Just be cautious on grabbing the bare handle while cooking (or for short while thereafter)

Honest offer. Heck, I've sent amps, active crossovers out for tryouts, why not a piece of iron.

I won't however, send out my square egg skillet.... I use it every morning :wub:

I llove this forum, very generous offer , but my dad has a selection of cast iron and right now hes about 20 feet away thanks though

Whenever possible I use my "Lodge" cast iron cookware.

However, I have been very pleased with a few pieces of "Perfect Green" cookware that I received when I bought a Nuwave induction cooktop.

Edited by Boxx

On a side note, I was fishing on the Greenbrier river one day and found a very large (15 or 18") iron skillet with a rope end tied to it on the bottom. Somebody had been using it as an anchor. :D We took it to camp and put it to use.

I use stainless for browning/searing, green pan or cast iron for frying. When I cook for the soup kitchen, I use commercial aluminum pans. I make coffee in a Bunn.

Caphalon has to be hand washed or it too deteriorates. I have an induction cooktop and it requires magnetic capable pans. I'm using a stainless steel cheapo set I got a Costco 8 years ago. The neat deal with induction is that you don't burn the food as easily. So these pans are working great. Get a new cooktop.

real cooks use gas stoves, sorry :D

We have a 40 + year old set of SaladMaster stainless steel

We went to a friends house for a Salad Master demo years ago. That's some really nice cookware.

Now they are doing a 7 layer stainless/titanium set. I don't want to know the price.

Bruce