LaScala's/Belle's and Cinema's

Zim.

I'm running 5 Belles in my set up but have considered selling my rear Belles for these http://www.klipsch.com/kpt-1201/details#specs . They would free up some space and the timbre matching from the surrounds is probably not that big of a deal . You might consider some Heresys for the surrounds if you are running LaScalas or Belles for the front 3 . I did that before I got the rear Belles and it worked well ; Belles are better though .

• Like 1

I had La Scalas as fronts, a Belle for front centre, Heresy IIs for side surround and a Heresy III for rear surround. Last summer, I found a great pair of La Scala IIs, so they're now my fronts (In 510 JubScala II form) and the original La Scalas have replaced the Heresy IIs for side surround.

It was a very worthwhile upgrade on both counts. If you have the room, La Scalas make much better speakers than Heresy IIs (or IIIs, I would expect) in any location.

The KPT-12-VBs look like fine speakers, but their K-28 woofers are the same as the woofers in Heresy IIIs. They'll do a good job, but they won't be in the same league as La Scalas or Belles.

• Like 1

I love the KPT 12 VBs. I have set up Lascalas as surrounds temporarily, and I much prefer the VBs for movie effects. For 5 channel music (I mean 5.1 studio mixes not concert films) I will say the Lascalas were my choice but not by enough that I could deal with them being in the way all the time. There would be no way to incorporate them into my room that would look OK to me either. As Far as the Woofer being the same as the Heresy iii I don't know Klipsch lists the VB as using a KP-281 EP which could be the same for all I know but they also spec the VB as handling 400 watts continuous and 1600 peak which I am sure would fry a Heresy in short order.

Edited by bobdog
  • Like 1

I love the KPT 12 VBs. I have set up Lascalas as surrounds temporarily, and I much prefer the VBs for movie effects. For 5 channel music (I mean 5.1 studio mixes not concert films) I will say the Lascalas were my choice but not by enough that I could deal with them being in the way all the time. There would be no way to incorporate them into my room that would look OK to me either. As Far as the Woofer being the same as the Heresy iii I don't know Klipsch lists the VB as using a KP-281 EP which could be the same for all I know but they also spec the VB as handling 400 watts continuous and 1600 peak which I am sure would fry a Heresy in short order.

thanks bobdog, how big is your room and do you feel they would work well in a 3000 cu. ft room? Have you heard the KPT-8-VB?

Room is 19'x32' 4800 or so sq/ft. I actually think they would work great in any room but you really can't use them up to their potential unless you own a large commercial theater. They really are a bargain though and cheaper than Klipsch's top of the line home theater surrounds. I have not heard the 8s but on occasion I have heard fairly low frequency come out of the surrounds, so I think going for the 12" is a good idea. I set their crossover frequency at 55. You can't do that with many.