How important to match a center speaker with the L and R?

bst

Just purchased the Kipsch Synergy F10 speakers and want to add an appropriate center.

Should I restrict my search to only the Synergy centers, or can I consider other Klipsch centers.

Or, more importantly, what other centers are there (<$200 and no taller than 6.5") would be

a reasonable match?

Thanks for any advice you can give. Having some high frequency hearing loss and a quality

center seems essential for hearing movie dialog.

Brian

Bst,

Welcome to the forum.

The "matching" center speakers are the C10($220.00) and C20($310.00)

You could get away with finding a used C-1, C-2, or C-3 but I think the motorboard is a more gray/charcoal than a charcoal/black. The older ones should be voiced similarly. I would not venture into the Reference realm or any other Klipsch line to "match" your new Synergy speakers.

Bill

Just purchased the Kipsch Synergy F10 speakers and want to add an appropriate center.

Should I restrict my search to only the Synergy centers, or can I consider other Klipsch centers.

Or, more importantly, what other centers are there (<$200 and no taller than 6.5") would be

a reasonable match?

Thanks for any advice you can give. Having some high frequency hearing loss and a quality

Brian

I would suggest two optiond the fist and best option would be to have your front three speakers all match and be identical so this could be three centre channel speakers or use an odd centre channel identical to the front left and right. Second best option to use the matching centre channel to your front left and right speakers. You need to know that you have your priority backwards, You don't match the centre to the front left and right speakers you match your front left and right speaker to the centre channel speaker. In HT the single most important loudspeaker is the centre channel speaker and you need to know that over sixty percent of what you hear will be coming from the centre channel all the other speakers in HT are effects speakers. You get screwed up when you try to make a HT system also be a stereo system. I hope that this helps you but it is not what you are going to read in any TH magazine or have any salesman tell you. In a perfect HT all the speakers would be identical and that way they will match perfectly in response tone and dispersion. Best regards Moray James.

a reasonable match?

Brian

I would suggest two optiond the fist and best option would be to have your front three speakers all match and be identical so this could be three centre channel speakers or use an odd centre channel identical to the front left and right. Second best option to use the matching centre channel to your front left and right speakers. You need to know that you have your priority backwards, You don't match the centre to the front left and right speakers you match your front left and right speaker to the centre channel speaker. In HT the single most important loudspeaker is the centre channel speaker and you need to know that over sixty percent of what you hear will be coming from the centre channel all the other speakers in HT are effects speakers. You get screwed up when you try to make a HT system also be a stereo system. I hope that this helps you but it is not what you are going to read in any TH magazine or have any salesman tell you. In a perfect HT all the speakers would be identical and that way they will match perfectly in response tone and dispersion. Best regards Moray James.

Ditto. Buy another F-10 to match if it works for your room. If that's not practical, which it's probably not and is the reason why speaker manufacturers make center channels, then look at the C-10 or C-20. FYI Newegg.com regularly sells the C-10 for $79 BNIB and the C-20 $159 BNIB.

Many thanks for the advice. Although the question was naive, it seems the veterans on this forum are very generous and eager to help.

I will certainly get a C10. But, if anyone asks, I will claim that (after extensive research) I selected a C10 for the center and then added some

F10's later for right and left. I was quite surprised to learn that a third F10 (assuming there was room without redesigning everything) would

work well as a center speaker. It is easy to get the impression that "center speakers" are specially designed for that function.

I hate to ask, but will I get banned from this forum if I continue to use my old Sony speakers for surrounds without springing for the Synergy

Surrounds (currently $159.99 a pair on Newegg)?

Brian

Many thanks for the advice. Although the question was naive, it seems the veterans on this forum are very generous and eager to help.

I will certainly get a C10. But, if anyone asks, I will claim that (after extensive research) I selected a C10 for the center and then added some

F10's later for right and left. I was quite surprised to learn that a third F10 (assuming there was room without redesigning everything) would

work well as a center speaker. It is easy to get the impression that "center speakers" are specially designed for that function.

I hate to ask, but will I get banned from this forum if I continue to use my old Sony speakers for surrounds without springing for the Synergy

Surrounds (currently $159.99 a pair on Newegg)?

Brian

they can be because of dissertation pattern... but is not necessarily a need.

many set ups can be used...