Heresy III's join the fold

SBinLilRock

I am pretty impressed with the sound of the Heresy III's. I been wanting some heresy's for a bedroom system for a while. I've watched for some minty ones to become available, but all the ones I've been seeing are not mutch less than new ones--so I just pulled the trigger on some new ones.

I received a pretty good a$$ chewin from my wife, but after listening to them all night last night and today, she has decided that they are hers. She now claims the h-III's and rf-7 II's (the new ones are hers and the old ones are mine).

I have only heard one set of older heresy's that a buddy has--it's been a while since I've heard his, so I can't really compare to the h-III's. To my ears they have a really sweet sound. I'm not running a sub right now--and probably won't. I've got them in corners, and the base sounds pretty good. I'm am very pleased with them.

post-56054-0-06320000-1389476760_thumb.j

post-56054-0-16840000-1389476782_thumb.j

post-56054-0-64960000-1389476803_thumb.j

• Like 1

Very nice. Did you oil them up or are they really that shiny? They look as good as my custom rosewood H3s. I was cranking my pair yesterday. I put a new CD player in my main system and "trickled down" a nice Cambridge 640C to my H3 system. They were sounding good even without the sub running but really rocked when I fired up the sub. The sub takes them down a few more hertz for the music that needs a little more bottom end.

• Like 1

Very nice. Did you oil them up or are they really that shiny? They look as good as my custom rosewood H3s. I was cranking my pair yesterday. I put a new CD player in my main system and "trickled down" a nice Cambridge 640C to my H3 system. They were sounding good even without the sub running but really rocked when I fired up the sub. The sub takes them down a few more hertz for the music that needs a little more bottom end.

They looked that way out of the box. Had them playing all day today. I've got them goin in the bedroom, cornwalls goin in the offce/cave and rf-7's goin in the living room--all grouped together on sonos. It's kinda cool walking through the house listening to the different Klipsch flavors. :D

• Like 1

Hard to beat the walnut, though I'm tempted to try a cherry on anything else I might get. My JBL 4311 speakers are walnut and still look pretty good after 40 years. My HIIs are black lacquer and the La Scalas are a nice Walnut stained birch. The black HIIs kinda disappear and goes with just about anything else. Currently they are sitting between my LS doing TV duty.

Bruce

• Like 1