shipping expectations survey, please help

joessportster

Ok. if you come to my web site and purchase Item A and at checkout i offer USPS Priority 2-Day service for this item

how long do you expect it should take item A to reach you ?

I'm in a discussion with a company right now about this and i will release there name after i have somewhat of a consensus, Thanks for your help

Joe

I've come to expect 3 business days from the date of ordering. It might often show up 2 business days later though. Seems like 2 days is more often the case these days.

The way I look at it if they get the item ready for shipping that day I order and get it to the shipper by the next day then it should be 2 days after that.

On the other hand, I've ordered things "next day" that they don't get around to shipping for a couple of days... GRRRR!

About 1/2 the time it really happens around here. USPS 2 Day Priority Mail is usually within 4 days realistically. Small town California to small town East Coast probably even longer.

I understand how regular priority mail works, i also understand that USPS offers a guaranteed 2 day delivery via priority express, This is not really the issue. im trying to gauge expectations based on what the seller has stated and you paid for.

personally when i pay for something i want what i pay for nothing more and nothing less, and i stupidly expect a seller to do exactly what they say, unless they contact me and request a change that we both agree on.

I've come to expect 3 business days from the date of ordering. It might often show up 2 business days later though. Seems like 2 days is more often the case these days.

The way I look at it if they get the item ready for shipping that day I order and get it to the shipper by the next day then it should be 2 days after that.

On the other hand, I've ordered things "next day" that they don't get around to shipping for a couple of days... GRRRR!

I Feel your pain.

One would expect it to be obvious that you want your product in a timely fashion if you pay the extra for an express type of shipping,

It seems common sense doesn't factor into things any longer.

I feel like people are so apathetic anymore that companies are taking advantage of it ( I've actually heard and seen people make excuses for a companies poor performance. As though it somehow makes them a better person, never mind the fact that you have just empowered the company to act poorly for other folks (IT DRIVES ME NUTS :angry: )

2 days from the day the order was processed. If processed Monday, then you should receive it Wednesday. If processed Thursday 2 business days guaranteed should be Monday, but usually USPS is good about getting it to me on Saturday. They may just have crappy processing times.

as a USPS employee i will say that 2 day should be there in 2 days. now i will say that is doesn't always happen. but you should be able to get money back if it doesn't. you must account for problems like weather, truck breakdowns, missorts, etc. lots of variables in the post office. i had no idea till about a month ago when i started. i would assume that goes also for the ups and fedex. fedex is my drug of choice. not a fan of the United Package Smashers.

• Moderators

as a USPS employee i will say that 2 day should be there in 2 days. now i will say that is doesn't always happen. but you should be able to get money back if it doesn't. you must account for problems like weather, truck breakdowns, Lunch, wind direction, moon phase, missorts, etc. lots of variables in the post office. i had no idea till about a month ago when i started. i would assume that goes also for the ups and fedex. fedex is my drug of choice. not a fan of the United Package Smashers.

Strange but the last couple of things I ordered shipped UPS across country then handled by local mail carrier for the last leg. Is this something new ?

as a USPS employee i will say that 2 day should be there in 2 days. now i will say that is doesn't always happen. but you should be able to get money back if it doesn't. you must account for problems like weather, truck breakdowns, missorts, etc. lots of variables in the post office. i had no idea till about a month ago when i started. i would assume that goes also for the ups and fedex. fedex is my drug of choice. not a fan of the United Package Smashers.

We use UPS at work, they say if it there is snow or inclement weather any where in the U.S. that there is no guarantee that any package in any state will make it on time doesn't matter if you pay next day or not.

United Package Smashers

That's funny I saw a shirt about 18 years ago that said United Pot Smokers, then again it was at a concert. I once read were Fedex and UPS were going to merge, but the ceo's didn't want everyone to be FEDUP. hahahaha

as a USPS employee i will say that 2 day should be there in 2 days. now i will say that is doesn't always happen. but you should be able to get money back if it doesn't. you must account for problems like weather, truck breakdowns, Lunch, wind direction, moon phase, missorts, etc. lots of variables in the post office. i had no idea till about a month ago when i started. i would assume that goes also for the ups and fedex. fedex is my drug of choice. not a fan of the United Package Smashers.

Strange but the last couple of things I ordered shipped UPS across country then handled by local mail carrier for the last leg. Is this something new ?

yeah some kind of contract called we will carry it the last mile. I deliver more ups stuff than USPS stuff. Package wise anyways.

I order a LOT online. Two day shipping means I'll have it in two days from today, if ordered by C.O.B.

Monday.... Wednesday!

Amazon has spoiled me badly. :wub: Most places that say "two day" mean two days after they ship your order, which can mean two weeks from now. banghead.gif

Dennie :emotion-51:

I order a LOT online. Two day shipping means I'll have it in two days from today, if ordered by C.O.B.

Monday.... Wednesday!

Amazon has spoiled me badly. :wub: Most places that say "two day" mean two days after they ship your order, which can mean two weeks from now. banghead.gif

Dennie :emotion-51:

not always. amazon has screwed up three orders of college books for my wife in the last two weeks. never had one problem with them since 06 when i first started shopping with them.

So you anticipated a problem....not that one had occurred? I was waiting for you to tell of a horror story regarding shipping..... ;)

no i didn't anticipate a problem, i chose a shipping method, and paid for that option, my product was shipped using another option. When tracking pointed this out i contacted the company and started getting excuses. My normal response when this happens is to lose my temper and start raising hell. Instead i Opted to get a consensus from people who's opinion i generally trust.....It turned out to be moot when my product arrived in a timely manner ;)

So you anticipated a problem....not that one had occurred? I was waiting for you to tell of a horror story regarding shipping..... ;)

My normal response when this happens is to lose my temper and start raising hell. Instead i Opted to get a consensus from people who's opinion i generally trust..... ;)

Age must be catching-up with you...getting mellow?.. :blink: .