DIY sub

NBPK402

As a LaScala owner for over 30 years, at home and in Portable DJ applications, my advice would be to get a 2x4 Mini DSP to PEQ the LaScala flat to 60 Hz. and to cross the DTS-10 there. You can get away with up to 80 Hz. on a DTS-10, but you will also need to PEQ that.

Otherwise, you own the soup, the salt shaker, and the taste buds.

• Like 1

Yeah the Danleys are rated at 100db with a 2.83v input and will take 1000 watts continuous with a 2000 watt peak. I will be surprised if i ever even hit 500 watts out of the amp to hit the levels I listen too... I think that in normal use I might even only use 100 watts of the Yamaha to hit the levels I want... At least that is what I hope to get out of them. I will get the amps but I won't be able to test them out for a few months. :(

The Yamaha amp will work however if you have the Danley's to get the full potential it is best to invest in a good amp. I have 3 TH118's and was running them with Crown xti's and they sounded good but when I got the Crown iTech the bass was much cleaner sounding and went to another level of sound. It's like putting regular fuel in a Ferrari . :D

• Like 1

You just bought 2 Danley's. That would put a hardship on anybody's pocketbook.

kg4, I think the Yammy 7000 is a robust amp. I don't know about the xti, but I do have a Crown xls. I have had no complaints with it running my THT's. Is there something going on in those xti's? Don't they do a lot of processing??

• Like 1

• 2 months later...