Klipsch KPT-1802-HLS Horn Subwoofer

Turbox

At first glance, I thought you were showing us a picture of the Saturn V rocket nozzles that blasted man up to the moon.

Five F1 engines or seven... what's the difference.

:)

The answer is 2.

Schu is kindly reminding me that the Saturn V (five) had five F1 rocket engines, and that I was technically wrong with my first glance thoughts I shared with you while looking at Dr. Harmon's pictures of a speaker system that can possibly replicate the sound of a rocket launch. I should have known better, having stood underneath an actual Saturn V rocket engine cluster as a tourist many years ago.

Back to the original topic, I want to thank Dr. Harmon for sharing his pictures of this subwoofer, the pictures of his amazing personal speaker collection and for taking us on the historical tour of the Klipsch factory, and his visit with Paul Klipsch.

At first glance, I thought you were showing us a picture of the Saturn V rocket nozzles that blasted man up to the moon.

Five F1 engines or seven... what's the difference.

:)

The answer is 2.

Schu is kindly reminding me that the Saturn V (five) had five F1 rocket engines, and that I was technically wrong with my first glance thoughts I shared with you while looking at Dr. Harmon's pictures of a speaker system that can possibly replicate the sound of a rocket launch. I should have known better, having stood underneath an actual Saturn V rocket engine cluster as a tourist many years ago.

Back to the original topic, I want to thank Dr. Harmon for sharing his pictures of this subwoofer, the pictures of his amazing personal speaker collection and for taking us on the historical tour of the Klipsch factory, and his visit with Paul Klipsch.

Khornukopia you are very welcome and I'm glad that you enjoyed the pics and the video footage. I'm not on the klipsch forum as much as I probably should be but I certainly love talking klipsch with any other klipsch fan like myself. If you would like to contact me, my cell number is 337 298-4773.

Take care and thanks for the kind words,

Kevin Harmon

• Like 1

Roy was explaining to me that the 1802 will out perform two QSC cinema subs. So we are comparing a single 18" driver in a vented horn loaded enclosure against two direct radiators. QSC uses 21" driver in a ported box. The two 21" inch woofers when pushed hard at certain frequencies will experience "port chuffing". This is not pleasing to our ears. The low frequencies reproduced by the 1802 are much cleaner, that's why a lot of folks love properly designed horns and the lack of distortion that goes with them :)

Kevin Harmon

• Like 1