Jubilee's for sale ! SOLD !

davis419b

but the shipping was over a thousand dollars.
Oh my..... I have a spot where I think I could use them.... But, I may need to put into storage a pair of Legacy Focus speakers and (possibly) a pair of McIntosh XLR 18 speakers. Let me drink over this thought.... lol....

but the shipping was over a thousand dollars.
Oh my..... I have a spot where I think I could use them.... But, I may need to put into storage a pair of Legacy Focus speakers and (possibly) a pair of McIntosh XLR 18 speakers. Let me drink over this thought.... lol....

I will drink to that ! I have never heard either one of your other speakers but I am positive that you will be happy with the Jubilee's.

remember me? how about trading my 78 Khorns, alk crossovers, original owner and I cant believe I just typed that, which you have seen and heard in my house, and $2500 more, remember the good deal you got from last time? the only reason for this sale is lack of space? let me know if I need to start the propaganda machine with the wife.

remember me? how about trading my 78 Khorns, alk crossovers, original owner and I cant believe I just typed that, which you have seen and heard in my house, and $2500 more, remember the good deal you got from last time? the only reason for this sale is lack of space? let me know if I need to start the propaganda machine with the wife.

Rummy you have a PM !

Very nice! How does the 510 compare to the 402?

It doesn't.

I am going to have to disagree with this statement. I have both and there are things I like and dont like about both of them,

As i mentioned, i had a 510/K69A 703/K70G connected to my Jubilee LF, and that setup did a fantastic job. Is it a 402/1133 510/K69A...no...but it was great when i had it. i too enjoyed the 510/703.

Very nice! How does the 510 compare to the 402?

It doesn't.

I am going to have to disagree with this statement. I have both and there are things I like and dont like about both of them,

As i mentioned, i had a 510/K69A 703/K70G connected to my Jubilee LF, and that setup did a fantastic job. Is it a 402/1133 510/K69A...no...but it was great when i had it. i too enjoyed the 510/703.

Thank You for your comment Turbox. I am a firm believer that if you lined all of these different horns up behind a screen where you could not see the 402 it would be very hard to pick which one was the 402 reguardless of driver. i have to admit that I am also star stuck by the sheer size of the 402. My system is an active system and when I turn my pCats on which power only 402 HF it baffles me how small the sound is. When I turn on the amp to the bass bins it sounds much bigger. I had never heard only the HF sound before in my 5 years in this hobby.

FYI...... for anyone interested the KHJ in the model number of the KPT-KHJ-LF stands for Klipschorn Jubilee though it is rarely called that on the forum.

The Jub LF mated to the K510 is a very good sounding option IMHO and we'll worth owning.

miketn

Thanks Mike for your comment on the 510 horn/KPT-KHJ-LF combo and getting the Klipschorn Jubilee thing staightened out !

I hesitated mentioning anything since I think ads in the Garage Sale forum should be kept on topic (my pet peeve).

I would not make disparaging comments about the K510 horn. For a little guy, it is surprisingly close in sound to its big brother the K-402. It is especially close when the room is large.

I did not say they are identical. What I am saying is that for a horn that is 1/10 the size, I was quite surprised. Please note, my comments are based on actual experience and not speculation.

• Like 1