Jubilee's for sale ! SOLD !

davis419b

I hesitated mentioning anything since I think ads in the Garage Sale forum should be kept on topic (my pet peeve).

I would not make disparaging comments about the K510 horn. For a little guy, it is surprisingly close in sound to its big brother the K-402. It is especially close when the room is large.

I did not say they are identical. What I am saying is that for a horn that is 1/10 the size, I was quite surprised. Please note, my comments are based on actual experience and not speculation.

Thanks for your comments Tom and I totally agree with you !

I am really surprised these aren't sold yet. These are fabulous speakers at a fabulous price.

The 510 horn is outstanding (I've had both 402 and 510), but the real winner in this deal is the B&C DE75 tweeters. I much prefer the DE75 to the K69.

Somebody jump on this great deal. . . . .

I am really surprised these aren't sold yet. These are fabulous speakers at a fabulous price.

The 510 horn is outstanding (I've had both 402 and 510), but the real winner in this deal is the B&C DE75 tweeters. I much prefer the DE75 to the K69.

Somebody jump on this great deal. . . . .

So does Trey Cannon of Klipsch. That's what he told me in 2007 when I heard them side by side in Indy.

Very nice! How does the 510 compare to the 402?

It doesn't.

It's often been stated on the forum that the on-axis sound of the 510 is not that different from the 402. The 402 is better, but the difference is not like day and night, as you imply it is.

Very nice! How does the 510 compare to the 402?

It doesn't.

It's often been stated on the forum that the on-axis sound of the 510 is not that different from the 402. The 402 is better, but the difference is not like day and night, as you imply it is.

I agree with you Islander !

The jubs are double the size of my belles. Ironically my music room is 12x18. My issue was i had no room for anything else speakers in particular. In my opinion considering you have the space to use other systems in other rooms unlike myself running theater and 2ch in the same room you would be in good shape sound wise. I would primarily condition the wall behind the jubilee's and you would be golden. I have listened to jubilee's powered by a mc275 in a floor carpeted room with system ran width wise rather than lenth wise completely closed in with no treatment15x20. The sound was flawless&truly unforgettable. The jubs were 3 way if im not mistaken(and from what i know now im mistaken) and completely stock. Tuning your room a bit would result perfectly. I wish you all well.

The jubs are double the size of my belles. Ironically my music room is 12x18. My issue was i had no room for anything else speakers in particular. In my opinion considering you have the space to use other systems in other rooms unlike myself running theater and 2ch in the same room you would be in good shape sound wise. I would primarily condition the wall behind the jubilee's and you would be golden. I have listened to jubilee's powered by a mc275 in a floor carpeted room with system ran width wise rather than lenth wise completely closed in with no treatment15x20. The sound was flawless&truly unforgettable. The jubs were 3 way if im not mistaken(and from what i know now im mistaken) and completely stock. Tuning your room a bit would result perfectly. I wish you all well.

Thanks... Excellent observations....

I know you have the palladium line in your home. What a truly great comparison you would have between the 2 in your home. This with you may be one of the greatest testaments in the top levels of home sound reproduction. Over a period of time it would be nice to see if you can do without one or the other. Beyond comprehension for some although very interesting nonetheless.

What a truly great comparison you would have between the 2 in your home
Yes indeed.... This could be fun....

A couple more scotch on the rocks and Boxx will be an owner.

Which Palladiums do you have?

I have a pair of P-39F's.