Why don't they ?

Speed

Why doesn't Klipsch upgrade the horns on their Heritage speakers ? A large portion of these forums are directly related to their perceived weaknesses. If Cornwalls or LaScala's were upgraded to perfection (at their price, they should be ) I would have bought new instead of used !

• Like 1

Why doesn't Klipsch upgrade the horns on their Heritage speakers ? A large portion of these forums are directly related to their perceived weaknesses. If Cornwalls or LaScala's were upgraded to perfection (at their price, they should be ) I would have bought new instead of used !

I was told it was out of respect for PWK and his legacy. I'm not sure if he left instructions for the Heritage line or not.

If you look at what PWK was embracing towards the end of his life that would give some hints at what a modern PWK speaker would be.... Cough... Jubilee.... Cough..... Actually he was embracing steeper slope crossovers, tractrix, and modified tractrix horns. Amazing that after so many years of designing speakers he was learning up to the very end of his life... Top notch.

• Like 1

Fine points, we all love PWK and his genius. Most importantly, his sound and speakers. Modest improvements to the Heritage line ,would only add to his legacy IMHO... I think the Heritage line , should be treated like the flagship line of speakers. Not the forgotten ones...

• Like 2

Making it better is an opinion. I think that it would be an amazing honor to pwk if they stuck to his original designs. They can invent plenty of new klipsch lines if they want with "better" stuff. Personally, I think they need more 3-way designs.

Edited by SuBXeRo
  • Like 1

PWK embraced advancement as was mentioned earlier. Haven't there been some improvement made to the Heritage speakers that are still offered new? Also, I see where according to the marketing materials from Klipsch that the non Heritage lines are better speakers. Wouldn't want to muddy the waters now would we. :P

• Like 1

PWK embraced advancement as was mentioned earlier. Haven't there been some improvement made to the Heritage speakers that are still offered new? Also, I see where according to the marketing materials from Klipsch that the non Heritage lines are better speakers. Wouldn't want to muddy the waters now would we. :P

Yes.

Cornwall woofer placement.

Heresey tweeter.

La Scala cosmetics and 1 inch veneered mdf.

Klipschorn cosmetics.

Nothing as drastic as full horn and driver changes.

Sometimes I think people forget who good the K55 really is.

• Like 1

Good points I guess I can see one reason he named the Jubilee, I wouldn't change something like the Klipschorn due to the solid run they have had. But they could offer lascala 3s just give a couple options. Plus move the Jubilee to the Heritage line with options as well.

• Like 1

Good points I guess I can see one reason he named the Jubilee, I wouldn't change something like the Klipschorn due to the solid run they have had. But they could offer lascala 3s just give a couple options. Plus move the Jubilee to the Heritage line with options as well.

Maybe the Jubilee is too good.

• Like 2

PWK had so much faith in the Jubilee it was to come in three different sizes.

• Like 1

That's just too juicy to let go. Please elaborate. Intriguing to think of a smaller Jubilee, maybe a single driver version?

Spare time enough to do 150hz circular tractrix horn

Sorry, not that much time.

Dave

I understand. Not too many people want a 150hz horn... And even fewer want to lug it around. Guess I'm going to get off my butt and measure the SnailTrac to find out exactly what I need.

Thanks 8-)

That's just too juicy to let go. Please elaborate. Intriguing to think of a smaller Jubilee, maybe a single driver version?

Well I was at a pilgrimage around 2004 and saw some strange motor boards sitting in a pile which looked like they were designed for 6inch drivers. One of the Klipsch employees said that it was for one of the smaller Jubilees. He mentioned that there were to be a few different sizes but wouldn't divulge any more information.

Well I was at a pilgrimage around 2004 and saw some strange motor boards sitting in a pile which looked like they were designed for 6inch drivers. One of the Klipsch employees said that it was for one of the smaller Jubilees. He mentioned that there were to be a few different sizes but wouldn't divulge any more information.