Have 5.1 pro media ultra dead. Yes I know out of warranty.

Mikey JEE

Sorry search did not find topic not even same ones found googling so am probably adding 2^8 post on same topic. Mine is about 12 years old. Was using subwoofer only. Worked fine.

Moved it across room for new AV install. Also accidentally removed front panel from control box. Put back in. Is plugged into a new surge protector.

Plugged a light into same outlet which worked fine. Next step will be continuity check on the power cable make sure cable ok as did put it through a cable management strip.

Although a computer pro by trade did have 2 years electronics in high school plus semester digital electronics in college (A+). I can find my way to an internal fuse panel and put things back together.

Q: Does anyone know if there is a kill fuse that if opening the control box would make it stop working? Electronics makers sometimes use that to keep out reverse engineering.

Q: Does anyone know if can create or buy a 9 Pin DIN jumper to permanently wire the system on and max out the volume?

However does not seem likely from the looks of it the DIN control cable termination which looks like pull up resistors on the main circuit board inside the control box probably sends digital signals to the subwoofer enclosure.

Q: Read googling an old Klipsch forum post about replacing the fuse. Any know if these instructions are accurate?

https: // community.klipsch.com/ index.php?/topic/133865-issue-with-51-pro-media-ultra/

Thx, Mikey

• 4 weeks later...

Thx. Will look them up. Guess nobody knows about a killfuse. The power cord was not the issue. Have not dealt more with the ProMedia 10" sub. Been running speakcable behind the wall for new 7.1 setup.

Fortunately have a Klipsch substitute sub, a 13 year old ProMedia 2.1 150W sub that will do in a pinch. Sure am glad hung onto my old 2.1. Packs a lot in that 6.5". -3dB is 32Hz I think, but can get a DSP audio processor to synth -3dB down to 10Hz easily. Did that with a Klipsch ProMedia 8" before replaced with the 10".

No problem. The problem has to do with heat buildup in certain places in the sub. This guy sells kits to put a fan in. He also sells stuff to repair overheated and dead 5.1's. You won't be sorry if you contact him. My 5.1 has been running cool for over a year now. Not a hiccup.