What receiver should I use for my Ultra 2

RTC1234

That’s a great suggestion and Pio Elite sounds fantastic with klipsch. I don’t run an AVR anymore but I in all honesty liked it just fine. The upgrade bug bit me 2 years ago and it bit hard and I have always looked to perfecting the audio experience in my theater room as best I can. Pre amps will give you more and more control of all the subtle nuances in your room but for 90% of people an AVR amp Combo will be completely satisfactory. The Ultras really bring the movie theater sound into your home but that also requires being loud and clear, detailed, distortion free etc and 50wpc will not achieve this with the black ultra boxes.

the ultras are sealed enclosures and have a lower efficiency than most klipsch. On paper, I would think that some additional power under the hood would be beneficial. If you choose a receiver, be weary of the one you do. Try to find some legitimate bench tests of the unit. I usually consult hometheatereview.com or soundandvision.com

negative. Slot vented for the mains. Only the surrounds are sealed.

That avr looks like a beast! Great price also. It is an older model that does not have HDMI connectivity.

Edited by derrickdj1

That is an awesome deal for the entire setup. Karma comes around, for sure.

I am feeding my Ultra2s with a Pioneer TXH-23 (purchased used for $300) as a processor and a B&K 7250 power amp. I am really enjoying the combination. Before I purchased my amp, I only had the front 3 (KL-525s) and powered them with the AVR and it sounded pretty dang good. It would struggle when watching dynamic movies at high volumes, but I was happy. Everyone that came to visit highly complimented the cinema sound. Adding the amp made a huge difference for those dynamic scenes, but is not really noticeable in low/med volume watching. I just recently purchased the KL-650s but I have not tried using them with just the AVR (really I have not tried hooking them up at all, but that is another story).

The Denon you have linked looks like a good deal and has preouts for power amps if you ever felt that it was not keep up with all 7 speakers. Beside not having HDMI, it also does not have Audyssey calibration, which helps quite a bit with setting up the system. If you are in a hurry to set everything up, it is not a bad starting point. But if you could wait longer, I would wait for a similar model with Audyssey