Finally scored some forte's.What year are they?

swandivr

I'm tickled to death to say that I scored a great pair of Forte IIs today.I would like to get an idea of what year they were manufactured.The part number is: 09000531111.I am guessing that they are of 1990 vintage because of the beginning number sequence (0900).They are oiled oak and in perfect condition,except some minor fading on one side of one speaker.They were a one owner pair sold because they never got used.It was also stated that they are not rock and rollers.(Time to break em in).I feel like I stole them for the asking price of $425,and I picked them up an hour ago.They sound great!!One more question,how do you get the backs off?Woo-Hoo!Thanks.

Congrats on your find!

I am not sure that the part # is the same as the serial #. Is there a serial # as well? I think the date code for the ForteII should either be 8 or 9 numbers long instead of 11. There should also be some letters signifying the finish (I think).

The only info on the tag is as follows:

P/N 09000531111

F11 Oak Oil

S/N 51196 + 51197

W/O 9905

Hope that helps someone.I guess it is not a big deal when they were manufactured,but I would like to know for future reference.

They sound great too..Have already tested them with The

Who..U2..and..ZZ Top...Next up is..Led Zep..Then The Beachboys..and some Beethoven..

hmmm...interesting.

I have the link on another computer to mobile's nicely formatted Klipsch date code page, but here is the relevent part concerning serial numbers:

DATES..........DESCRIPTION.........EXAMPLE

1946-1947.......###............001 (ending #021)

1948-1961.......####...........0121 (starting #0121)

1962-1983.......##letter####...20Y1234

1984-1989(?)....YY WW ####.....89281234

1990-1997(?)....DOY Y2Y1 ####..135791234

1998-2000.......YYWW####.......00281234

NOTES:

DOY= day of the year

YY=year (i.e. 99,00)

Y2Y1=2nd digit of year, 1st digit of year

WW=week of the year

HTH

Edit: WOW that came out really poorly formatted, it looks much better on my monitor!

This message has been edited by edster00 on 07-10-2002 at 05:16 PM

Thanks William-Edster and Doug.I was very sure that the serial # would have nothing to do with the code pertaining to year built etc,because they are so short.

Figured the part number would hold the key.Thanks for trying to help Edster...but for me, trying to figure that code out, is like trying to read a newspaper in a mirror and upside down.Another thing that is different about these,is that the tag does not say Klipsch Forte II like all the pairs I have seen on E-Bay.It does say Klipsch Forte' II on the speaker hook up

panel.They are definitaley Forte'IIs tho.

• Like 1

What the Klipsch serial number boils down to is this-

The format of the serial number tells the date of manufacture. The ForteII were made from '89-'96 so their serial # should fall into one of two formats-

If they were made in '89 the serial number should be 8 numbers long, YY=89,WW=week of the year (2 digits-01 thru 52),the number your ForteII's was in the run that week (4 digits-0001 thru 9999), your serial # is too short to fit that format.

If they were made from '90-'96 the format is DOY=day of year (001-365), Y2Y1=the year backwards ('90=09...'96=69),then the number your ForteII was in the run that day (4 digits #0001-#9999), your serial # is too short to fit that format.

Your part # is too long to fit either format and doesn't decipher correctly. I don't know if this feeble explanation helps any.cwm30.gif

Doesn't really matter, you got a great pair of speakers there!

• Like 1

Congrats! Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Panasonic TX-36P500X (36" Direct View 16:9)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: (Still deciding)

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

• 17 years later...
23 hours ago, rockie said:

Hi . I have a pair of forte speakers serial # 8626428 . four ohm  100 watt . Any idea where i can find out more about them .

Yep.  Just Google 'Klipsch serial number decoder' and you'll find several links that'll help.