Best reciever to replace my Denon avr 3311 CI reciever with

vigiano

My Denon Receiver, its a 4 year old AVR 3311 and is turning off and going to a red blinking power button. It has started to happen more frequently and it isn't hot. After 10 months Denon replaced the unit when it quit. It makes one wonder if these units are reliable. I need a unit that will act as a preamp as I use my emotive 3 channel to run the front three speakers, Klipsch RF-82's, and 62 center. Does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement. I have a Klipsch set up of RF82, 62 center, 52's for the surrounds and an RW 12d subwoofer. I like the warm sound of Denon but the reliability is lacking. The replacement for this model is the 4000 model and is $1299. thanks

Edited by vigiano
  • Like 1

Hmm I have owned several denon receivers over the years but never found them to be a warm sound at all. I Like them very much but would place them with Klipsch in the neutral category. Last one I owned was the 3808 but I have moved away from receivers. If you want a receiver still and not a Pre amp Pioneer Elite I found to be very nice and warm as well as Marantz which I haven’t owned but listened on several occasions and find the Marantz to be the most musical of the receivers and very attractive. If you are up to going full pre/pro Marantz also has some excellent state of the art Pre’s out there but a little costly and if you want warm Sunfire processors are warm in nature but im not a fan of sunfires as I really like neutral.