I really used to think my RF 7s were big...

wstrickland1

Ha ha, well, unlike most around here, I've actually heard them, twice. I've even heard them compared against Jubilees. I think they sound great, the design is brilliant. I just think the MSRP is ridiculous. They sound every bit as good as they look - there, are we friends again? :)

They look better than they sound.

Does everyone feel better now? :)

You're wrong - in the worst kind of way.

Schu's might hang with them though. :P

Heck, if they sound half as good as they look I'll bet they still sound better than 99% of speakers out there.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Well from what I understand they look better than they sound so you made the right decision

Your going to love the way they sound, and they do sound as good as they look, like Dean I have heard them, and I was impressed but I did have a sticker shock.

To give people a better idea of the size stand next to one in another pic.

• Like 1

Well from what I understand they look better than they sound so you made the right decision

Your going to love the way they sound, and they do sound as good as they look, like Dean I have heard them, and I was impressed but I did have a sticker shock.

dtel I am probably not the right guy for that job. I make most anything look tiny....

• Like 1

Scott, I meant to ask you how much sound you had in your Pathfinder. Somehow I'm thinking JL M770's, JL M10IB subs, JL MHD 900/5 amp & Fusion IP700.

How close am I?

Not close at all. I have no sound except of the Yamaha 150! I used to have a small system that came with the boat, but when it crapped out, I didn't replace. I like peace and quiet when I fish.

You have power hooked up to those Pals yet?

• Like 1

dtel I am probably not the right guy for that job. I make most anything look tiny....

I could see Billy carrying them into his home .

One under each arm :)

Ohh jeez , 2 channel , how the hell did I get here ?

• Like 1

Well???

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well I managed to get the other one unboxed anyway. My daughter had a play last night and after dinner and all that I didn't get home until 12:00. Then today she's on stage playing music and tomorrow has another play. In-laws are here and now I have to go out AGAIN and feed them. It ain't easy man....

• Like 2

OK, the great blizzard of 2014 managed to slow me down enough to at least hook them up in a somewhat temporary fashion. I lugged the C2500 and MC 275 in to the living room and connected the speakers. CD player was a 14 year old Sony 400 disc player that will not win any awards but I was just playing around right? I fired everything up and let the tubes warm up for a few songs. It took a little while but as time went on everything got smother and smoother. After about an hour it sounded like Abbey Lincoln, Nina Simone, Diana Krall and Louis Armstrong were in my living room. The image this set-up produces is pretty incredible. I can't wait to get everything set up properly and hook up some decent sources.

I know these speakers can handle a lot of power and in a HT environment they need it but these are exactly what I was looking for. The tube pre and power amp are a fantastic match for me.

• Moderators

I'd like to hire Youthman to come photograph them

You pay for the plane ticket, feed me a few meals and I'd be glad to come photograph those beauties for you. :D I've yet to hear the Palladium series. Dude, you were so close to me. We could have photographed them and demoed them in my living room and would have saved you some money. Haha Happy for you Billy.

• Like 2

OK, the great blizzard of 2014 managed to slow me down enough to at least hook them up in a somewhat temporary fashion. I lugged the C2500 and MC 275 in to the living room and connected the speakers. CD player was a 14 year old Sony 400 disc player that will not win any awards but I was just playing around right? I fired everything up and let the tubes warm up for a few songs. It took a little while but as time went on everything got smother and smoother. After about an hour it sounded like Abbey Lincoln, Nina Simone, Diana Krall and Louis Armstrong were in my living room. The image this set-up produces is pretty incredible. I can't wait to get everything set up properly and hook up some decent sources.

I know these speakers can handle a lot of power and in a HT environment they need it but these are exactly what I was looking for. The tube pre and power amp are a fantastic match for me.

Glad to hear things are working well for you. The jumpers are on the way. I've sent you a PM.

Got it Scott. I'll turn that right around for you.

I was able get them pushed back a bit today but still have a ton or rearranging to do around here. They really sound sweet. I guess I'm about 14 feet away from them in a 20 x 16 room but the speakers are only about 10' apart currently and no spikes (on towels :D ) yet. I'll spread them out when I get the jumpers swapped out and spikes on. Still very very nice though. The tubes seem to work very well, for my current application anyway. They really do have a Heritage sound to them I think.

Got it Scott. I'll turn that right around for you.

I was able get them pushed back a bit today but still have a ton or rearranging to do around here. They really sound sweet. I guess I'm about 14 feet away from them in a 20 x 16 room but the speakers are only about 10' apart currently and no spikes (on towels :D ) yet. I'll spread them out when I get the jumpers swapped out and spikes on. Still very very nice though. The tubes seem to work very well, for my current application anyway. They really do have a Heritage sound to them I think.

Billy,

I agree on the sound signature. Sounds like your room size and speaker width is about right. Glad you're pleased. I sure was when I owned them!